help with newly bought car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if your oil pan has been removed you need a new gasket

and wtf is the comment above

lol musta been the wrong post... but anyway yeahh i bought a new gasket... the one for the integra engine.. but what i cant figure out is what size are the screws?? all the screws are gone and i cant find a single one.. i went to autozone and they told me i have to go to an acura dealer or something.. i was wondering if someone JUST so happen to know the size of the screw that goes into a 91 integ's oil pan... thankyee :)

and also for the engine, honda or integra engine mounts?? since one of the mounts cracked does that mean the honda mounts cant handle the integ engine??

Originally posted by y0iTsDEENOSE@Jul 6 2005, 09:08 PM
lol musta been the wrong post... but anyway yeahh i bought a new gasket... the one for the integra engine.. but what i cant figure out is what size are the screws?? all the screws are gone and i cant find a single one.. i went to autozone and they told me i have to go to an acura dealer or something.. i was wondering if someone JUST so happen to know the size of the screw that goes into a 91 integ's oil pan... thankyee :)
[post=521933]Quoted post[/post]​

It's a mix of about a dozen 10mm bolts, and a handful of 10mm nuts that bolt onto small studs coming off the block. Go to the honda dealer, and order a bunch of them. I'd order ones from a 94-95 honda del sol vtec engine, they'll probably be cheaper because they won't be for an acura. For some reason, honda thinks that acura parts should just cost 75% more. I dunno. Yeah, and get a new gasket, like everyone said, and don't over tighten it.

and just to be sure, should the mounts be for an LS engine or the mounts that regularly come on a 91 civic hatch?

Originally posted by y0iTsDEENOSE@Jul 7 2005, 11:22 AM
and just to be sure, should the mounts be for an LS engine or the mounts that regularly come on a 91 civic hatch?
[post=522123]Quoted post[/post]​

They have mount kits at www.hasport.com that will fit your application. Check out the website, they have some of the stuff you're looking for.

Here's a direct link to what you need http://hasport.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=39

COO.. i was lookin for one all over the internet... but man 400 bucks.. imma have to wait another 2 weeks to drive the car... because imma have to bring it to a shop (tow) and then pay for labor to replace the whole engine mount... so maybe im just thinkin about welding the crack now.. unless i just buy the left hand mount thats also for sale on that same site for 65 bucks

http://hasport.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=109

... when they say left does that mean the passenger side??? thanks for the liiink

alright guys NEWS FLASH... a neighbor came by again and looked inside my engine.. turns out its not the motor mount that has a crack.. its fine.. but the thing that connects it to the chassis is cracked and the engine could fall out at anytime.. he called it the "flange" i think... so now that is my problem and he said i have to either get it welded or replaced... what is a flange and is that cheap to replace???

you just may be very well over your head.

If it's cracked at the mounting point you have a much bigger problem then a cracked mount.

I personally wouldn't even drive the car without having that check out. You might have more damage then a broken mounting point. Because they're VERY strong. To break that he had to be puttting down a shitload of torque.

Defenitly bring that to a shop.

It isn't gonna be cheap any way you look at it. The shop is gonna have to take out/put the engine back it which is like 500bucks. How much did you pay for the car?

If you have any frame damage, get the hell away from the car and see how much you can get for it at a junk yard or part it out to try and get most of your money back.

i bought it for 800 bucks... haha and there is no turning back now... but no worries its not with the main frame.. its with this other piece that the mount is attached to... and if i was gonna replace the mount it would be the same thing.. just gotta go to a junkyard to find another piece like it.. does anyone know what its really called?? my neigbor called it a "flange"

the reason i would want to keep it is because if i bought another stock car just like it... i would have to pay about 1500 n up.. its rare to find anything less than that.. n then i would have the problem of having a slow motor.. i would have to do an engine swap PLUS buying an LS engine... plus all the custom work that the car i already have has.. like the springs.. the stage 2 clutch... primer.. mainly the LS engine.. i was thinkin if i paid another about 1000 to fully fix the car.. then id be paying about a 2k car with a LS engine versus buying a stock one and spending another 2000 for the engine and the swap.. kno what i mean?? am i wrong here or do you guys think i could still sell this car and have enough for another decent fast hatch.. cuz i want nothing else but HATCHES :)

its like right under and behind the battery.. its a piece thats like bolted on to the main frame... and its lower piece is where the mount is connected.. and yeah the engine mount is all good except for the piece that its connected to which is in turn connected to the chasiss... still dont kno what its called however...

alrite ya jus go to a junk yard and pick that piece up. and then i would recomend not driving the car till you have that fixed.... or u could have sumone try and weld it, but i would say get a new one.

alriiite its gonna cost me 85 bucks to weld it and 50 bucks for the bracket... does anyone kno whether i should put an integra bracket or civic bracket?? you the bracket that the engine mount is connected to...

finally some PICS guys!!
side4.jpg

side3.jpg

rearview.jpg

otherside.jpg

miles.jpg

interior2.jpg

interior1.jpg

gauges.jpg

front.jpg

exhaust.jpg

engine.jpg