Help with remote entry

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
ok i got a viper system last christmas, and had it professionally installed. now when i hit the lock button, niether door locks. both doors attempt to lock, but the driverside never locks and now the passenger side rarely locks. i need someone who knows how to do this kind of stuff to give me possible scenerios and solutions. i cant have my car not locked at school. it got broken into last year with the doors locked. its in my driveway, not a parking lot now, but still very accessible. please help me.

i had that same problem with my viper
the power lock actuators have a metal rod that connects to the rod on your door handle, and they slip in the door lock actuator when you try to lock or unlock your doors,
I took some small zipties and ziptied around the plastic actuator so the the metal rods didnt side around, and havent had that problem since.

take of your door panel and hit your alarm and you'll see what I am talking about, easy to fix, or you can take it back to the installer and have them fix it

Quoted post[/post]]
i had that same problem with my viper
the power lock actuators have a metal rod that connects to the rod on your door handle, and they slip in the door lock actuator when you try to lock or unlock your doors,
I took some small zipties and ziptied around the plastic actuator so the the metal rods didnt side around, and havent had that problem since.

take of your door panel and hit your alarm and you'll see what I am talking about, easy to fix, or you can take it back to the installer and have them fix it
thanks, ill give it a shot. i would just bring it back, but at the moment the shop is 2 hours away because im at school.

Are your door lock solenoids factory or aftermarket?? Did you already have power door locks?

If so, it may be a loose/crappy power or ground connector to the solenoid or relay. They could have run a power to the alarm/relay that was insufficient to power two door lock solenoids at once.

Quoted post[/post]]
Are your door lock solenoids factory or aftermarket?? Did you already have power door locks?

If so, it may be a loose/crappy power or ground connector to the solenoid or relay. They could have run a power to the alarm/relay that was insufficient to power two door lock solenoids at once.
aftermarket

nah, I'd be willing to bet the actuators are either poorly connected to the door locks or there is bad wiring somewhere.

Quoted post[/post]]
nah, I'd be willing to bet the actuators are either poorly connected to the door locks or there is bad wiring somewhere.

:werd:

solenoids take quite a while to give out. Since it is not factory, I would guess a mechanical problem(like the rods), or a bad wire. It seems less likely to be the wiring, since the doors "attempt" to lock.

I'd try that ziptie trick.

i dont know how to take off the panels, plus ive been being lazy about it lately. i havent even reset the maintenance required light. i cant figure that out either

Quoted post[/post]]
i dont know how to take off the panels, plus ive been being lazy about it lately. i havent even reset the maintenance required light. i cant figure that out either
Get in your car, and with your right hand there is the reset button for the light to the right side of the culumn, it's not hard, just do it. Have the key on the "on position".

Back