help with something easy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mintoxik

ok im sure this is really easy but i just cant figure it out,
i have to replace my outside door handle on my civic but i cant figure out how to get the window crank off theres no screw and i dont want to pull on it to hard and have to get a new one of those any help

just pry with a screw driver. im pretty sure there is adhesive on there...just dont pry against the handle (cause it will break)...pry against the plastic ring (which might also crack, but its better than breaking the handle).

well thank you sir i'll try it tonight i just didnt want try and force it and have it snap into a million pieces

There's a little metal clip that you have to slide off. Pull the cap that goes around the window crank back a little and you should be able to see it. It is a bitch to get out. I struggled for about 10 minutes with a screw driver to get it out.

huh...guess i just broke mine off then. I just used elmers glue to get it back on there cause there was a residue on the handle.

yeah lil metal circlip in there; pop it off by wedging a flathead screwdriver in there and then the crank comes right off with no stress. ps don't lose the circlip.

:thumbsup:

If you goto advance auto the window crank remover is $3.95 LOL! You just slide it behind the crank and it pops the clip out nice and easy :)

lol but i have my trusty flathead witch is a multi tool it was my starter for my 70 cutless it unlockd my girls friend car door and now a "window crank remover" lol

I find its harder to get the flathead in there. The tool is very cheap and really saves a lot of headache as well as doesnt nik the crank all up too.

cool well thanks for the imput i never heard of that tool before ill have to check it out cause its something new i gatta mess with lol

Back