Help with swap choice and FI

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Libila

Alright I am going to be building a daily driver here soon because I am making a 1g dsm drag car on the side. I need your help guys. I want something that is going to get ok gas mileage, good ride, and for god sake some reliability. So the first thing that came to mind was a honda. I like the look of the 92-95 hatchs so I figured that would be my best bet. Now I have pretty much maid up my mind that I will be putting a b18 in there but I was thinking about the C, just for the extra power. I do plan on getting a turbo kit also but Im undecided on which one. Ok here come the questions.

1. What kind of b18 would you guys recommend for a guy on a small sized budget?
(its not so much the budget is small but I would prefer this to stay out of debt:D)
2. What place would you recommend I go through to get the motor?
(if online please give me a link or addy)
3. With the b18 how strong are they? (ie. how much boost can they take)
(I dont want to go and blow a motor I just bought, duh?)
4. What ALL do I need?
(I mean what tranny, linkage, ECU, ect...)

Well I think thats it for now but Im sure Ill think of something else in like 10 minutes to add. Sorry its so newb but I really need help. Thanks in advance ;)

If your boosting buy a b18b, if you just want power for a daily driver then a gsr should do.

You'll need the engine, tranny, ecu, shift linkage, axles, mounts, wrining harnass, I think thats it.

b18b1's can probably handle up to 9 psi but to be safe and being a daily driver run 7

Go to the junkyard/salvage yard and see if you can find one there first, otherwise HMO is good, hmotorsonline.com

Ya dude...A B18B1 by itself will only run about 800 bucks for a motor or around 1100 for the whole thing. Very cheap engine and uber reliable. With the money you will save compared to a B18C1 you will be able to put that engine in and maybe get some parts for it.

My 2 cents...

B18b1 integra ls, if you get that motor, keep the ls tranny, and run turbo, the longer gears in the ls tranny will keep ur boost up. I wish I had the money to do that..... :angry:

I think I am gonna go for it, the b18b. This is a winter project so if I have any more questions then I will ask.

the ls tranny has way long gears and is only good for highway racing toping out, I say drop a b18c and keep her that way. Granted the LS is a good motor with good tq for our light cars but that is just my opinion.

I guess since you really don't want to make a crazy stupid fast car with this then go b18b...

Back