help with swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

esears

ok so now that i know that it can be done and its relatively simple to swap a d16z6 into my 91 crx does anybody know what major things i will need to do. like the rewiring and what not. how to convert it.

As far as the mounts, if you are installing the complete d16z6 with Hydro trans, etc... you will need this mount kit Innovative Mounts Steel 88-91 Civic / CRX Conversion Mount Kit for D Series Engines with Hydraulic Transmission

If you are going to be using your crx cable transmission, and just the d16z6 longblock, then you will just have to unbolt the drivers side engine mount bracket (the one under the timing cover) from your stock CRX motor, and bolt it onto the d16z6( you will have to slightly trim the timing cover for it to fit) Other than that, everything is just wiring...

I have a 1990 crx with a z6 in it, but all the wiring is cut right where it comes out of the fire wall, and the body harness is gone, but I have a body harness and a used wire harness. But I was wondering if I could buy the plug and play from Rywire and hook it up because the used harness is a cluster fuck. I also do not know if I need to get the obd0 to obd1 jumper harness. It has a p28, and everything is on the motor, just no harnesses.

threadjacking won't get answers. start a new post and do some searching. a helms honda repair book should have some wiring diagrams that will help.

Back