help with timing...(i think) on my civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blackscyther

i have an 89 honda civic with the d16a6 that when i had gotten it had dpfi. well i did the d16z6 mini-me head swap on my motor and it ran with dpfi, well i did a conversion over to mpfi, i am running pm6 ecu, and a6 mpfi intake. i am getting no errors on 2 ecu's that i have tried. my motor is very hard to start and when i finally get it to start it runs like crap. it idles, but when i hit the throttle it bogs down then slowly picks up, and is great in the higher rpms. i am sure i have the firing order correct. at first i thought the problem was the timing, but i have adjusted the belt to check that, and movement in either direction makes it run worse, so the place i got it right now is it's best, have adjusted the distributor after jumping the adjusting connector and still no difference in throttle response. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Did you switch out the for a brand new starter because if you don't have a starter for the d16a6 engine or if you have a automatic starter for a now manual it just won't work the original will eventually just die
your engine compression might be alot higher now and it might be harder to start the engine with the original starter.
just some ideas

Back