help with turboing my mini me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91hatchlover

i just got my mini me conversion finished and i really want to turbo it besides doing the head what do i need to do to keep daily driver capability but still be able to take it to the track. and also i cant find on anysite what my compression went to after putting the z6 head on it. id like to build the bottom end as well but dont know if i should bore it out or leave it stock and get different pistons all help would be nice.

so what im asking in short is what do u think my compression is now and what pistons and rods should i run for the turbo app on this engine thanks

streetability is often defined by the driver. what i mean by that is that some people have different tolerances of what is comfortable to drive every day.
example:
i dont mind driving with solid mounts, but some people are bothered by the rattling/vibrations etc.
i dont mind driving an aggressive clutch on the street, but some people do (makes hill starts harder, and overall getting the car to drive smoothly is more difficult due to harsher engagement)

so, that is really personal preference.

as far as the build, if you can keep the stock bore, I would. this will leave you some room to grow if something bad ever happens to your engine. the need to bore will depend on the mileage on the engine (wear on the cylinder walls).

as for pistons and rods, ive heard good things about tunertoys rods, and a vitara piston setup. there's a few cars deep into the 600whp range with vitaras and rods on stock sleeves.

honestly, i wouldnt go any further than 350whp on the street. after that, its just not usable power anymore. even then, youre going to want to upgrade the differential, axles, mounts, etc to make that power usable.

i have 320whp on my boosted LS, and prior to the installation of my MFactory LSD, my car would break the tires loose all the way through third gear, even with my solid mounts and good tires. a real waste of power if you ask me.

as for your compression, what bottom end are you using?

im using a d15b7 bottom end so what compression should i run with that piston and rod set up and what rod bearings should i run just oem ones?

i would use oem bearings, yes. run the stock compression (cant think of it off of the top of my head) for that block. no need to raise it when you're already going to be raising it with the head swap.

Back