help with upcoming JDM b18c swap into LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Joshuathegreat

I'm new here, I have been reading through the threads and have yet to come across the answers to my questions.

MY B18b has 207,000 miles. I want to swap to an obd1 JDM b18c motor( it doesn't have to be JDM, they just seem to be more readily available ). I will be using the LS tranny for now until I get additional funds. My ecu is already chipped, with crome. It is my understanding that I can use my current ecu since it is already chipped and setup for data logging. I can program the ecu to not look for a knock sensor.

Basically my question is what else exactly do I need as far as vtec wiring goes? what about using the gsr manifold with my ecu? what about the fact that it will be JDM, is there anything else I need to know? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I know that there is nowhere to mount the crank sensor, Im assuming JDM doesnt have one. Seems odd to me though. I too have an ECU that is chipped with crome that came with the engine, but was tuned for a lot more fuel than I have, so I stuck with the USDM ECU and swapped the USDM oil pump/crank sensor. Im curious what can be done though, with which ECU. There's a bit of a shortage on tuners here in Vermont...:(

Your engine will have to be tuned again, doesn't matter if it has data-logging or not. It would help if you posted up what car this is going into.

Back