1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with upcoming JDM b18c swap into LS

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by Joshuathegreat, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Joshuathegreat

Joshuathegreat New Member

I'm new here, I have been reading through the threads and have yet to come across the answers to my questions.

MY B18b has 207,000 miles. I want to swap to an obd1 JDM b18c motor( it doesn't have to be JDM, they just seem to be more readily available ). I will be using the LS tranny for now until I get additional funds. My ecu is already chipped, with crome. It is my understanding that I can use my current ecu since it is already chipped and setup for data logging. I can program the ecu to not look for a knock sensor.

Basically my question is what else exactly do I need as far as vtec wiring goes? what about using the gsr manifold with my ecu? what about the fact that it will be JDM, is there anything else I need to know? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. redteg222

redteg222 Junior Member

I know that there is nowhere to mount the crank sensor, Im assuming JDM doesnt have one. Seems odd to me though. I too have an ECU that is chipped with crome that came with the engine, but was tuned for a lot more fuel than I have, so I stuck with the USDM ECU and swapped the USDM oil pump/crank sensor. Im curious what can be done though, with which ECU. There's a bit of a shortage on tuners here in Vermont...:(

3. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

Your engine will have to be tuned again, doesn't matter if it has data-logging or not. It would help if you posted up what car this is going into.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted