Help with vss. please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-94-AccordH22

hello. ive done everything i could think of. compared accord manual from the prelude manual and none will tell me what colors the vss runs off of in order to work. everyones telling me everything should connect right up after the engine swap. well it didnt. ive got like 5 connectors or so left over and i tapped the wires black/yellow
solid black
and solid orange thats what the book says the vss runs off of. but it didnt work. now the only light that goes off is crank position signal which wasnt going on until i spliced those 3 wires.

im just wondering if anyone knows what 3 wires from the accord harness goes to the prelude vss.
i was also looking at the wiring diagrams. it said that the orange wire on the vss goes to the auto tranny controller. i dont have one anymore i converted to manual.

i just pulled codes....and 9 (crank angle) is the only one that came up?

which is weird becuase the speedo doesnt function yet the computer doesnt see that.
i temporarily spliced about an inch behind shock tower for diagnostic purposes.
here is what i have for vss wires. (please double check for me, because they dont work)
black- ground to thermo housign
black/yellow or white whatever color the stripe is- solid yellow(supposedly to the fuse block)
orange- orange on the shock tower

just wondering if this is right? shouldnt be because its not working.

Back