Help with wiring please!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Christian_D

I have a d16y8 and I am swapping a b16a2 into my car. The wiring does not match up at all. My B16 is OBD2 as it came out of a 96 del sol and so is my car (a 1997 civic EX). The B16 harness has too many wires and plugs on the drivers side. I have managed to match up about 7 of them leaving 7 left that only God knows where they go. This was supposed to be a plug in harness job but has not turned out that way.

Would it be easier to just use my D16y8 harness and add a knock sensor? PLEASE HELP SOON!

Thanks

Yes, much easier to just use the D16y8 harness. If the cars are as stated, it should be a plug and play affair. Everything will line up just fine except, as already stated, the knock sensor.

You won't even have to run wires for VTEC as they are already on the existing y8 harness.

Are you sure the engine you got is OBD2? It wasn't swapped into the Del Sol was it?

I am pretty sure the Del Sol was bone stock. It even had the VTEC DOHC sticker on the rear with the DOHC style spoiler. And I have the Stock gauge cluster with 77000Kms on it. Nothing was done to it. Mint condition, side from the body damage why it was a write off.

Anyway, I will await more replies until tomorrow until I make a decision as to what to do.

Back