help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Junkhatch

ok so im confused on what i have and what i need if i dont have it. im swaping my mini me out of myeg into my ef si. i have the ecu, harness, and motor from the eg. but i was told i need a jumper harness to use the eg stuff. i also have a ef harness and a crx si ecu. so i think my question is if i use the ef harness, mini me , crx si ecu, si trans, i should have what i nedd to do the swap.

thanx for the help, take an easy im new at this.

Your ecu from your ef will not run the vtec. To use the ecu from your eg you will need the adapter harness and to run a few wires. If you really wanted to you could use the ecu from the ef and find another way to run vtec. I did this temporarily but it ran like crap. If I were to do ti again I would get the adapter harness.

yea i knew it wouldnt run the vtec. i have an activated switch to run my vtec. but my ef harness will work as long as i have an crx si ecu?

If your car is an si it will. Itsnot going to run to its potential.

get a p28 ecu, the si engine harness will work fine, and get a obd conversion harness from rywire.com i did a d15b swap in my 90 si hatch..works great. veeteeec!

hey thanks for the help "HATCHET HONDA"
and there is no reason to be a dick about my set up. im saving um for a vtec controller so. but thanks for the help .

i aint bein a boner bro, just suggesting what worked for me. i apologize if you got offended but im glad i could help

He wasn't being a dick in any way. You'll know if someone is being a dick to you on here. I guess everyone is trying to say that it will work the way you want it to but its not the best. Also, that its best to do it right the first time. The conversion harness is not that expensive.
How are you activating vtec for now?

exactly..vtec could be wired differently of course but for like $90 bucks i myself went the conversion harness route which made it a clean and easy plug and play. works great! no problems

im not running my vtec at the moment. i was using a msd activated switch but decided that was the best idea. and my 'being a dick" coment wasnt towards u man. i was thankin u for your help

Back