Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94EJ1

whats up, im actually newly registered but I always read up on stuff, anyways A few nights ago I was driving my 94 Civic EX Coupe and my oil light came on. Which I know is either too much oil pressure or not enough, I added a quart to get me home and its pretty much been parked since. It makes this small rattle around 2000 to 3500 RPM which I think may be the pickup of the oil pump because since then I did an oil change and got a new oil filter. The old oil filter had almost no oil in it so that made me suspicious. I took off the valve cover and turned on the car after putting in 4 qts of new oil. My friend told me that the only thing that was really coming up through to the head was air so we think it may be the pickup. We did a compression test to make sure that was ok and I was getting 190, 190, 185 and 195 PSI in the cylinders. There was no metal shavings in the old oil and I wasn't getting any extra exhaust or anything. I asked around and some people have said that it was either my block or that pickup or maybe the whole oil pump. From what I know and told you waht do you guys think it may be?

*edit*
Oh yea, its a D16Z6

Back