Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dgie31

I am building a B18B1 and this is my first attempt at it, and do not want to screw it up. I have a few questions and hope someone can help:

Questions:
1. I am reading the service manual (same that they use at dealership) and I am trying to install the pistons, reading the section in the manual it states that there is a number on the side of the rod , which is supposed to mean some position on the crank. (3) of my pistons has a "3" stamped on them and one has a "2" . The rod end bearings and crank bearings that I purchased are Rock parts (Think thats right and hope they are good quality) and am simply confused on this whole position thing they are talking about in the manual. What do I do here?

2. The book calls for some liquid sealent for the oil pump and the main seal housing. I was told by a builder to not use a RTV there instead use a schallack, I purchased Indian head schallack is this right? actually I am surprised there is no gasket under these. What do I do here?

Back