Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ricancivic_91

Sup guys! Im new to this as to posting a thread. But my issue is that I did a swap on my 91 civic Hatch w/ a 96 Integ LS, I added sum mods like headers, stage1 clutch, and OBD0 PR4 spoon sport chipped ECU. I've having problems with the hardness from the get go since sum1 else did it 4 me, but thanxs to the forums ive been able to fix it. Now I havent hooked up the resistor box because Im a little confused, I dont really like doing things unless im certain im doing it the correct way, I understand that I have connect the red/blk wire to the injectors and the yell/blk wire to A15 but is the red/blk wire supposedto go to the positive or the negative wire of the injectors? Also its running rich and havent found out the way to fix it, it doesnt stay on when I 1st start it up unless i hold the pedal dwn for a couple mins or start driving, recently when i start to slow dwn the idle drops and it turns off and its sumtimes only? Sorry for the so much but its just been issue after issue with this swap, Hope sum1 can help me i dnt know wat 2 do anymore and need help!

well if your using obd0 injectors then you need the box. since i'm going to assume your using the injectors on the newer engine, then you do NOT need the box. all you do is take the 4 red/black wires and 1 yellow/black wire thats on the male harness plug which goes into the resistor box and connect those 5 wires together. solder them and then electrical tape them flat against the rest of the engine harness so it doesn't look like a rats nest of wires. and yes if your injectors are not set up right, the engine is most definately not going to run properly. fix that first and then see how she runs, and if any cel's remain.

resistor box

Well if im not mistaking my injectors are OBD0 because i had to swap OBD1 injectors out cause they where leeking from the rubber seal. So for the resistor box how is it that it has to be connected? reb/blk wire to positve or negative and the yell/blk wire to A15? And for it running rich?

Last edited:
Well if im not mistaking my injectors are OBD0 because i had to swap them out cause they where leeking from the rubber seal on the injectors. So for the resistor box how is it that it has to be connected? reb/blk wire to positve or negative and the yell/blk wire to A15? And for it running rich?

if they are obd0 then you leave the box alone. if they are obd1 you connect those 5 wires together its just that simple. you dont need to run anything to A15. the black/yellow wire is the constant power and the 4 red/black wires go to each individual injector. the resistor box alters the output for each wire. since your goal with obd1 injectors is not to have the resistor be in use anymore. you bypass it altogether by soldering all 5 of those wires to one another.

Man I dont want to sound like a pest but your kinda confusing me, you say that I will need the box if im using obd0 injectors and then you say that if im using obd0 injectors to leave the box alone? HondaSwap Forums - View Profile: racintweek I found this page its pretty straight foward but just want to know if the 4 wires go to the positive wire or the negative wire of the injector and he says that the yell/black wire goes to A15.

you're doing a dpfi to mpfi conversion. you didn't mention that. and the 4 wires from the resistor box go to the positive side of the injectors.

Back