1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by razma369600, Sep 12, 2003.

1. razma369600

razma369600 Junior Member

i started up my car today and my friend yell at me and told me to look at my pipe there was white smoke and a little bit of water coming out of it!!!So is the head gasket blown or what?

2. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

take off ur valve cover, and see if there is water on the head, or in the head, if so start the car for a sec, and let it warm up, and hopefully it goes away. if it doesnt take off the valve cover and leave it openish in the hot sun, so it evaporates. if that doesnt clear it up, yes your headgasket is probably messed.

3. razma369600

i just did a head swap.There is no water in the head or in the oil.i am so confused

4. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

umm, how are ur piston rings?, and didnt u put a new headgasket in when u did the headswap? if u didnt then theres ur problem.

5. razma369600

i put in a new head gasket,new intake man gasket and exs. gasket.
    as far as the pistons rings they looked fine the block looked really good.You see what happen was my cam shaft broke at the end where the cam gear goes on then jump out of time.I put on a new head.But now i have water coming out my pipe

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted