Help!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importstyle

my car at high RPMS, smokes white smoke, i have noticed that alot of honda do this, it is a white smoke and i am told that i have a head gasket leak just from a few friends who think they know..... they say it is antifreeze, but i am loosing oil??

i dont know i really need some help on what i need to do to my motor to get it to stop smoking thanks :worthy:

how high are you reving? it sounds like a typical problem, my motor doesn't do it, but 3 of my friends motors do. It is just a typical oil problem that you run into, other wise it does sound like a head gasket.

Darin

yeha it is a typical problem, but why am i losing oil if it is a head gasket??? i dont know........

i just need to know how to fix it :worthy:

Do a compression test. If your head gasket is blown it will tell you. And if 2 cyl. next to each others compression is low and the other 2 are fine. Well its the gasket blown between the cyl.

Check your valve seals also. When they start wearing, you get blow by at high RPMs

You can get a compression test done at any garage. Or you can buy a compression tester for a few bucks and do it yourself. To check the valve seals do a leak down check!

do the compression test yourself, it is probably just as cheap. GO to auto zone, or any car parts store and buy a compression tester. they are 30 bucks by me. then just pull you spark plugs out and do each cylinder one at a time. you will need a friend to help you. One person reading the tester and the other turning over the car. ALL the plugs have to be pulled out before testing.

Darin

this happened to my stock 1993 cx hatchback. we had low compression in the number 3 cylinder. antifreeze was leaking into the cylinder so when we did the compression test a whole lotta smoke came out of that cylinder.

burning oil is blue smoke though. which means your piston rings or valve seals are beat. not so sure about burning antifreeze. it was sorta whitish like you said.

we replaced the piston rings and head gasket and it runs like a champ now.

good luck.

could be the gasket, seals, or rings.

hope it's your gasket only.....

but yeah you can do a compression test yourself, for the rings add some oil from the spark plug hole and if the compression goes up, then slowly down then its your rings.

Back