Help!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TDaddy

Hi everyone,

My family and I are in situation, I'm currently in school finishing up my BS degree in Network Technology. I currently have an Associates degree in Network Systems Administration. Anyway my dad flipped his lid and kicked me, my wife and 2 kids out of the house. So I have until the end of this month to find a job and get a place for my family. If anyone has any leads or can help we would greatly appreciate it.

We live in California, in the bay area.

Here is my resume:

My Resume

yea... his dad is a real fuckhead. he deserves a good kick in the face with a golf shoe...

kicking me, and our two kids out... with 10 days to find a job, a home, new school for one of the kids.

anyway, for those of you who haven't guessed, i'm his wife :)

A lot of them are...they just don't post them to the public....

When I'm on the computer at work, I can see all the jobs they have listed for the intire UTC company...and a lot of them are in CA, but more are in CT, a few in FL...etc..etc...

What makes this company rock is the benifits....

after your first day at work, you can enroll into college, and have free college for the rest of your carreer....as long as you work for UTC. If you get lucky, and work under Sikorsky or Pratt & Whitteny, then if you get laid off, you can get 2 free years of college from them, and one free year from the Govn.

Plus as for the medical side...I only pay $9 a week for full coverage...everything for me and the wife.

and all the other benifets also rock....totally.

I've worked around the world, and had many job's, but since I started working here with UTC...things have been very stable.

Just submit your resume to the main link they provide...if they feel that you can be a service to them, they will hire you. A good cover letter always help's.

Good luck.

If you’re interested in coming on board with any of UTC’s divisions, you can submit your resume to the corporate office by clicking here.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jan 21 2004, 07:23 PM
look on monster.com and hotjobs.com

those are GREAT places to start.

Thanks!.... ;) Been there and done that...but thanks.

good luck, but if you try and work hard you'll be onto better and bigger things apart of life....just dont have to stay local. if you have to move, you move

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Jan 21 2004, 08:32 PM
good luck, but if you try and work hard you'll be onto better and bigger things apart of life....just dont have to stay local. if you have to move, you move

:werd:

I know...I'd like to stay in the area but it's looking like it's Uprooting time for us.

No offesne, but youre resume' is horrible.

If i were a hiring manager, I'd just move on.

the image under technical summary is dead... and frankly, it shouldn't be there anyway. its a resume', not a magazine ad.

Technical Summary, sumarizes up nothing. what are you trying to get across here?

split up education from work experience

mine, is out of date to all hell... but, have a look. get some ideas. but do something with that man....

https://hondaswap.com/brian/index.php?page=resume

I sent you guys some e-mails on some leads, if I get anymore information about jobs in the area I will send them your way. also check out Montereybayjobs.com They have had some good looking jobs the last few day on there e-mails. If you guys need anything at all hit me up.
-Eric

Yeah man your resume could use an update, It's been years since I've had to write one but general rules are

+One Page (never break this one)
+Make it flow (goals then education then qualifications then work history, etc)
+Eliminate nugatory info (I don't care if you can play guitar)

I would even go so far as to bold fount your name and personal info, standing out is good but 35 size/Wingding fount wouldn't be a good idea. And try to customize it to the job your applying for (this might mean making several different versions but remember your selling yourself, don't lie, but give them what they want)

And not to pick it to death but your work history seems, well, unorganized. Try and clean it up, give it some order.

Good luck man, were pulling for ya

Back