help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rushcrx

OK guys I have a b18 in a crx. But thats not the problem my daily driver is a 92 accord ex and i want to make it a sleeper. WTF do I do I mean money is not too much of a problem since I like to dump my paycheck into my hondas. I was thinking a h22 but like I said I'm into the b series and older crx/civics and dont know everything i know the basics like how to pull motor out and bolt shizznat together etc. but do I need custom mounts/shiftlinkage/ecu??? I think the trannys bolt up together but I need to know what year and I would like vtec. What will bolt in what do I need and basically if there is a different way to go explain that also?? I am just looking for some help cuz I am pretty much lost in this swap. So any advie would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

alrighty. You know civics, I know Accords. Think of the H22 swap as being almost identical to a B series in a D series car.

H and F series engines and transmissions bolt together in any combo. The motor mounts all bolt up except for one. If you have a manual accord, you need the prelude intermediate shaft, and modify the tranny mount slightly. Automatic, no changes. Axles are the same.

Change the header/downpipe for aftermarket, and if you don't have a cold air intake, that would be the perfect time to upgrade.(throttle bodies are close in size, and land relatively close to the same position.

Change the ECU, add wires for VTEC, Knock, IAB. Add a wire for the distributor power. Change the Powersteering hose.

Pretty simple really. 75 HP and 23 ft lbs of torque more. Much faster, and more fun.

Back