1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Tenzodelsol, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Tenzodelsol

Tenzodelsol Member

I got an IHI turbo off an old subaru loyal I believe its the equivalent to the garrett t25 but I am not sure.
    I just needed to know if it will work in my setup I have custom made an adapter plate so that it will fit onto the
    manifold but anyway I had it rebuilt and now am wondering whate psi the internal wastegate allows. I have heard
    7 lbs but I am not sure. I jsut basically want to find out if it will do what I want or if it is all for nothing
    thanks

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

most internally gated turbos are set for 7 psi. but if you want more, you can simply run a boost controller on it

3. Tenzodelsol

Tenzodelsol Member

actually considering the fact I can only run 8 lbs max in my d16z6 I would be perfectly happy with 7 lbs but how should I test it to make sure it only allows 7 lbs?

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

5. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

Simple test: First time out, watch the boost gauge VERY carefully and be ready to jump off the gas. There shouldn't be any problems, though.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted