HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OK, heres the question...tell me if this sounds reasonable....

B18B Block
Type R Pistons
JDM B16A Head
Type R cams, Springs, Retainers
8 Lb flywheel
55 Shot of Zex
Intake, HEader, Exhaust, No Cat.
Skunk 2 Intake Manafold

Do you think that this setup could run a 12.3 with Slicks? Someone told me this, and I am curious if anyoen thinks it possible. Also what do you ESTIMATE the HP on thsi setup might be.

he said she said... BULLSHIT! possibly? ive seen people run 13.9 on stock b16's and other guys ran a 15.4, many factors are a variable. No one is going to tell u what ur going to run. It sounds like it is going to be fast, but do it, run it then tell us :D

I asked, IS IT POSSIBLE, not FIND ME PROOF THAT THIS GUY WAS RIGHT. Simple, do you think the setup could possible run the numbers he said.

Originally posted by eastonball@Apr 19 2004, 02:30 PM
OK, heres the question...tell me if this sounds reasonable....

B18B Block
Type R Pistons
JDM B16A Head
Type R cams, Springs, Retainers
8 Lb flywheel
55 Shot of Zex
Intake, HEader, Exhaust, No Cat.
Skunk 2 Intake Manafold

Do you think that this setup could run a 12.3 with Slicks? Someone told me this, and I am curious if anyoen thinks it possible. Also what do you ESTIMATE the HP on thsi setup might be.

Looks good, but I would use more agressive cams!!!!

Originally posted by CRX2NR18@Apr 19 2004, 12:35 PM
ive seen people run 13.9 on stock b16's and other guys ran a 15.4

it's hard to hit a 13.9 with a stock b16 in a crx. my friend reyes ran at best a 13.8 on slicks with a b16 in his crx and it wasn't stock.

as for you being able to hit a 12.3 with an ls/vtec setup on slicks. I doubt you'll it a 12.3 but I could see you hitting a high 12. go get it tuned before you run at the track.

Definitely possible- the engine would be slightly built with a 55 shot of juice on top, so just add a semi competent driver and I'm sure you can get to 12.3.

I'm not very familiar with a setup liek this. How are we talkign as far as reliability? Cometis HEadgasket also, Head studs, all new gaskets, bearings, seals. 5K on the motor. What can I expect from somethign like this?

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 19 2004, 05:30 PM
Definitely possible- the engine would be slightly built with a 55 shot of juice on top

oh, I read the things he listed but the zex didn't register when I was replying.
:ph34r:

Originally posted by eastonball@Apr 19 2004, 05:56 PM
I'm not very familiar with a setup liek this. How are we talkign as far as reliability? Cometis HEadgasket also, Head studs, all new gaskets, bearings, seals. 5K on the motor. What can I expect from somethign like this?

if it's built and tuned right it can be a very reliable setup.

I think you mean cometic headgaskets, but what do you mean by what can you expect from something like this? do you mean in terms of horsepower and torque?

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Apr 19 2004, 10:43 PM
you wont get low 12's out of the stuff you listed there. low 13's if your lucky and get a good run off.

Nah, on the engine alone with slicks in a chassis that light, 13s should be easy. With spray, 12s aren't a problem. You just have to know how to drive it. I'm amazed at all the people with crazy amounts of hardware that can't drive worth a damn...

^^ Yup, I think do able

light car with slicks will work wonders.

Back