Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Im still having problems with my b16 in my 91 EX.

I have the battery relocated in the trunk and running 1 gauge wire to the front.
I am using an optima red top battery (about 6 months old)
It is grounded in my to the frame in the trunk.
Its in a taylor made aluminium battery box

sometime i can start my car up on the first try no problem, but then after a day i can't start it up. i have to wait like two days for to start up again. it sounds like a dead battery because i only can hear the starter clicking and not turning the engine, but all other electrical works fine (stereo blasting, head lights on, honking horn).

could it be a bad starter?
i am running out of ideas. :(

the problem started after i relocated the battery though.

Yeah, it sounds like you need a new starter. My zc does the same thing it will start up fine one day and the next day it won't start. So I usually just get a metal rod...or you could use anything thats pretty dense and beat on the starter while someone tries starting it.

will any b series engine work?

and can i get a second opinion on my problem?
don't realy want to have to buy a new starter. unless im sure that is the problem

thanks

well if you tap your starter with the end of a broom handle while someone tries to turn it over and the damb thing starts up.....then it is the starter. so try that. check your battery terminales and make sure there isn't any corrosion, that can cause problems as well. aslo try a different battery that you know works well possibly out of a friends car, just to see. or just blow the fucker up!

if you know how to use a dvom or multimeter (ohmeter) you can try checking the resistance between the battery ground post and the engine block if you have high resistance run a new ground from the trunk to were the battery was originally grounded let us know what happens

Back