Help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alright, my prelude had this same issue. 3 items to look at (a total of 250 in parts)

fuel filter, fuel pump and main relay.

the fuel filter is where what looks like a brake booster is (someone circled it in a previous post), fuel pump is in the tank, main relay is under the drivers side dash to the left (if you're sitting in the drivers seat) of the steering column.

Id guess your fuel pump was going out, but thats just me.

I had this EXACT same problem in my prelude. It IS your fuel pump. Just from everything iv'e read so far, replace the fuel filter AND your fuel pump and I promise it will fire right up.

i dont know how to start tuning up my car i trying to swap engine bbut dont know which one will be a good engine to replace my engine im trying to get some vtec enigime for it.. anyone have recommmendation for starter like me :confused:

My recommendation is to not but in to other people's threads. Start your own please...

I had this EXACT same problem in my prelude. It IS your fuel pump. Just from everything iv'e read so far, replace the fuel filter AND your fuel pump and I promise it will fire right up.

Kristen, when you change the filter make sure you have LOTS of rags handy. Most likely you'll get a good amount of fuel leaking out...

Well ok. Sorry i really dont have anyone i can really trust that i know to work on it.. (can't really trust a shop either) but that is what i had to do. But thank you, i will mention all of that to the guy...

Hey all i am new to honda and this web site for that matter, i purchased a 96 honda prelude sr-v (2.2 vtec) with 220k ... which also brings me new to oil burning. I have heard that vtec does burn some oil but i believe mine may be more than average what is the best way to fix this.. head gasket and piston rings? any help would be great

Back