Help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

This HP came with Norton's already on it when we bought it. the trial subscription ran out already and now the Live Update window pops up about every 20 seconds to tell me that the virus protection is out of date.

im getting pissed off and im about to throw the computer off my 3rd floor balcony so can someone tell me how to shut it off? I have mesed with it but cant fi8nd how to turn it off.

BTW the window popped up atleast 10 times while writing this short ass post.

Open the Nortons control panel (the top one), then select options, and click on LiveUpdate.

gallery_630_77_293728.jpg

Now you can turn it off :)

I did that and it still pops up constantly, i finally jsut left it on the screen and dragged it down to the corner where its hidden, but its still annoying. i think im gonna have to uninstall Norton. If it were my comp. I'd renew the service, but its not so oh well.

screw norton

uninstall that POS. get AVG free

grisoft.com

regardless if it is free for you or not, it still sucks.

why? its a perfectly well virus scanner...

the problem is that there are several viri that will disable norton as part of the process. that's the problem with running a main stream virus scanner.... the hackers know how to defeat it, and with it, the common user.

stay one up on them. use avg.

Just for fun I uninstalled Nortons and installed AVG. I used to use it, but I had Nortons sitting around so I used that. It kills during start up, so if AVG works out, I'll keep it.

Have you ever tried Panda, or F-Secure? F-Secure is really good, but the pop up windows are as annoying if not more so than Nortons BS.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 2 2005, 05:19 PM
regardless if it is free for you or not, it still sucks.

why? its a perfectly well virus scanner...

the problem is that there are several viri that will disable norton as part of the process. that's the problem with running a main stream virus scanner.... the hackers know how to defeat it, and with it, the common user.

stay one up on them. use avg.
[post=481830]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes! You used viri!!! My Favorite word ever! (No one ever uses it :( )

Back