help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lickety_slickjj

i have a d16z6 vtec with an xs power turbo setup, chipped uberdata p28 in a 92 civic dx. just rebuilt the motor with low compression vitara pistons. my question is, when i am on the highway in 5th, if i bring the rpms to around 4500-4700,the check engine light comes on and stays on till i shut the car off, there are no codes when i check. when i restart the car there is no more check engine light until i am in 5th gear at around 4500-4600 rpms? the guy that had the car before has the oil feed line for the turbo ran from the vtec oil pressure switch spot with no pressure switch. if anyone can help it is greatly appreciated. and yes i did loop the connector when checking the code.

arnt you in boost at 4500 its a no no to boost in fith gear egt go out the roof

still no code. and it doesnt just come on at higher rpms, sometimes it comes on once i start slowing down or after i slow down. and what is egt, sorry i am just learning about turbos along with a lot of other stuff.

egt exaust gass tempurature. a must. tells you when to let off cause if your exaust is to hot it will melt rings and what not.

idk what to tell you if you are getting no code with a check engine light. are trying to get the code when the cel is on

fix that oil feed shit before you blow your turbo.

there is NOT enough oil up there to feed/lube a turbo properly.

run it from the pressure sender out the back of the block with the BSPT fitting, or go with a sandwhich adapter setup, using a -3an feed line and a -10an return into the pan.

then fix the vtec oil system so your vtec will work.

how much boost are you running?

i am running 8 psi. i am routing my feed line the right way this weekend, and my vtec does kick in at 5000 rpms everytime. i read that the p28 chipped with uberdata doesn't read the vtec oil pressure switch? and i don't have the vtec pressure switch. my check engine light does not come on every time, it is like it just comes on when it wants to? sometimes right when i slow down and sometimes when i am getting on the gas.?

I had a problem like that but only when vtec engaged.. It was cel 22 which was my vtec pressure switch. Changed it and ran well with no cel. If not.... probably your oil pumps going or like what the other guys said a leak in oil line causing oil prseesure to drop!

Last edited:
Back