Help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91civicnut

I have a 91 Honda civic hatchback with a 1.6 in it and i want to swap it for a 1.5 vtec. My question is what do I need to do this swap? please help!!

buy the motor drop it in and run the wires for vtec and off you go. it will bolt right up to your tranny and all

yes you will need to run a wire for the vtec and pressure switch to the new ecu

what wire are you talking about? this is my first swap so im kinda illiterate to the subject. and what is the pressure switch. my motor is going to be here along with my new ecu wednesday and i want to be able to get it right in. so what is the wire that your talking about?

the vtec solenoid will have wires also the pressure switch on it you will need to run those wires to the proper pin out on the ecu

so it will come with basically everything that i need. what does the pressure switch do, and is it hard to pin them on the ecu and how do i know where to put them?

the pressure switch tells the vtec its saefe to come on, and it depends what ecu that it comes with im guessing it will have a po8 right?

i dont think it comes with the ecu but i bought one on ebay that they chipped to a p28. i guess im really confused.

well it depends on the ecu to know what pin out to run the wires to what ecu did you buy

p07 to a p28 i believe i will look in my email to see for sure. so i bought the motor and someone told me that i will need to get a new wire harness cause im switching to a vtec so that it will fit to my new ecu.

i believe its a dx. here is the info on my ecu.
s.gif
You are bidding on a OBD1 (PO7) MUGEN Ecu. This Ecu was talking out of a 94 Civic sohc vtec 5speed swap. This ecu was chip by Professional, not only it change in the Rev Limiter also Air /fuel ratio and N0 SPEED Limiter .Vtec at 4,800 rpm redline at 9,000 rpm. This ecu will learn how to run it best performance on every performance parts you put on your car to Maximize Horsepower. This ecu will help you gain up about 15 horsepower @ the wheel or even more if more work done to your engine This ecu will works on any manuel 5 speed transmission This ecu will work for only 1992 AND 1995 Civic cx with (5 wire) o2 sensor only .

well you said you have a 1.6 stock motor so it must be a si, but to know for sure is the stock motor in your car a mpfi or dpfi, but about the ecu you bought im gona check into that i think you migh have just got ripped off.

ok if you have a mpfi car all you will need to do is run those wires i told you about, but that ecu you bought is for a vx modle it will work but you will need a 5 wire o2 sensor.i hate wire myself so if you have the money i would just call rywire and tell them the car motor and ecu that your gona use and what car its going in and they will sell you a harness to make it all plug right up

does the wire harness plug into the wires off the motor and into the ecu? i can send you the info on my motor if that will help with anything?

naa just look at your stock motor that your getting rid of and see if its a d15 or a d16

what does your motor look like thatis in your car right now the one on the left or right

Attachments

• 10a.jpg
    10a.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 153
  • civiceng1.jpg
    civiceng1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 152
Back