HELPP!! me with my 91 CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

esears

ok i bought a 91 crx dx because i wrecked my del sol si. i figured i could just swap the d16z6 into the crx just so i could at least drive it until i get money together for a bigger swap. i called the garage around me and they said it couldnt be done and if it could it would cost me around 6000$

what do you think i should do? is that right? what swap should i do instead?

$6k to swap a z6... run, run like the wind..

its very possible.. do a google search and you'll be amazed how easy it is

yeah thats what i was sayin. i have googled it for like two weeks and ive looked everywhere and everyone says the same thing. its easy. so why r they sayin it cant be done

they're a) not interested in the work or b) think you're a chump and want your change. :)

yeah bro they prolly think you dont know anything about doing a swap and there trying to rip you off. and besides its always better feeling if you can tell ppl you did it yurself and way lighter on the wallet!!

It's a very easy swap that you can do all by yourself in one day. This is exactly why I learned how to work on cars and do my own work and swaps. These bastards with these shops will rip people off, and prey on those who dont know what's involved in working cars. Then laugh about how much money they got out of someone for something so simple:book:

Last edited:
Where do you live. Alot of small towns just have no import mecanics and there just so stupid when it comes to swaps. my dad got hosed when it came to swapping the zc into my car becuase we didnt have a shop so we had to get somebody to do it for us.

You dont need a shop. I did all of my swaps in the driveway. You can rent an engine lift for $50 bucks. The lift I rented comes apart. It's only 6 Pieces. A 2nd grader can put it together and take it apart. You dont need a lift to drop the old engine out of the car. You jack the front of the car up high enough so you can pull the engine from up under the car. When you are about to drop the engine you can put an old tire (that's not on a rim) or a trash bag stuffed with straw or leaves up under the engine to provide coushion so you dont damage it.
SUC51034.jpg

SUC51032.jpg

SUC51036.jpg

SUC51041.jpg

SUC51037.jpg

SUC51053.jpg

SUC51054.jpg

SUC51089.jpg

SUC51092.jpg

Last edited:
Back