HELPPPP !!! starting problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

DOes any one know what symptoms this is. When the car has been sitting there for like 3+ hours it cranks and cranks and finally turns over. Then sometimes when its idling it will idle to 1000 and down to 500 and back up to 1000 and then to 500 and sometimes it will di. However once i get it to turn over after it cranks i can immediately shut it off and start it and it starts right up. The up and down idle seems to only happen in the cold, in the heat it just idles at 1000. Another thing is when i have to start it after its been sitting for 3+ hours if i step on the gas it boggs down and then the rpms go up. This is only when it first starts. If i let it ilde for about 3 minutes, everything is fine, the rpms are responsive and does not bog when i give it gas. My main concern is the starting problem. But it might all be related any ideas?

Some background.
My setup is a b20b block with b16 vtec head in a 97 civic hx. I have CEL for vtec and coolant level sensor. I am running a gsr ecu.

motor is cold int he mornings, sometimes it takes a few cranks to get shit rollin, could be signs your starter maybe going, not sure...

Milan

"starter may be going out" The only thing is, is that once it gets started, i can shut it off and crank it once and it starts right up like it should, do starters that start ot go out do that? I'm not sure?

Thanks
Khai

Back