1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helpppp

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by bigtimejoe2004, Jun 4, 2003.

1. bigtimejoe2004

bigtimejoe2004 Junior Member

I own a 99 honda civic, Which i plan on giving a motor swap to. The problem is it's an automatic. How shoul i go about to switching to a powerfull engine and changing it from auto to stick?

BIGTIME

2. dcsports413

dcsports413 Senior Member

Of course anything is possible, but may not be practical. First, it will save you some headaches and money just to get another car with a manual tranny. The motor you put into your car can depend on if you want turbo, supercharger, N/A, etc. There are a lot of different opinions out there on what motor is best for what application. You need to do some research (all throughout hondaswap.com) and decide what YOU want, and ultimately what you want to use your car for (drag, street, etc..) Then ask more specific questions.

Maybe that will help you out. :D

3. rsaeini

rsaeini Senior Member

personally i don't believe in switching a car from a auto to a manual. it's never quite the same as a car that comes equipped with a 5-spd. but it your choice, do what you feel will satisfy you. IMO, trade the car and get a 5-spd.
    the B16 and B18C1 are both good platforms to start off with, it all depends on your budget and your intent. happy tuning.

4. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

The conversion runs about 1 grand. You can sell it and since it's an automatic you can sell it for a little more than what you would buy a manuel for. Given it's the same model, close mileage and all that other ya ya.

Milan

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

i agree with everyone in here so far
    sell the auto and buy a manual

since you are swapping out the engine anyway you dont have to worry about how many miles it has or if the engine is shot... just get a car with a good body on it and go from there

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted