Here comes another wiring question... lets see if someone knows this&#

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, I have done A LOT of research on this for months and months, but I cannot figure this out now. I have saved a bunch of articles on here, including a really good by 92B16VX "How To Wire VTEC" , but it doesnt apply to me because of different color wires.

So here is what I have going on. As you can see, I have the SiR-G motor going into a 92 Civic HB

Supposively the VTEC wires are run from the cannon plugs to the ECU, but I dont know what colors they are? There are two colors that I found that dont go to the engine, but are run to the cannon plug. Those two colors are org/wht and org/blu. Anyone know what these are? The article I read said the VTEC wires were yellow with some stripe colors on there. I dont have them. The colors I have are:

red/yel
red/wht
pink
lt grn
grn/wht
yel/white (this continues to go to the engine)
red/grn
org/blu
wht/yel
org/blk
org/wht

I have both Haynes manuals for the 92 Civic and the 94+ Integra, but the colors are not accurate for the integra. I dont know if this is due to the fact that it is a JDM engine. I am having trouble finding the VTEC pressure plug, I believe this is suppose to be a blue and black wire? Well, I cant find it.

The knock sensor is another question. When I took it apart, I noticed there was a silver braided wire attached to it that I just cut off. Was that important to my wiring, or do I just run that red/blu wire to the ECU?

Next is the IAB sensor. What the hell does this plug into? Where does it go? I found the pinouts for this, I hope this is accurate. I am going to be using the OBD1 p72 ECU. Does this get run directly to the ECU or to a cannon plug?

Another thing, I have the Purge Control Solenoid and Electric Air Control Valve Solenoid. What do I do with these? I dont see these on my wiring diagram for the GSR motor.

Thats all I can think of right now, all help with this would be greatly appriciated!!!

I have looked all over for these answers before posting this.

Quoted post[/post]]
Supposively the VTEC wires are run from the cannon plugs to the ECU, but I dont know what colors they are? There are two colors that I found that dont go to the engine, but are run to the cannon plug. Those two colors are org/wht and org/blu. Anyone know what these are? The article I read said the VTEC wires were yellow with some stripe colors on there. I dont have them. The colors I have are:

orange/blue is the oil pressure switch
orange/white is the solenoid

wMTI1MjA2NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]

Next is the IAB sensor. What the hell does this plug into? Where does it go? I found the pinouts for this, I hope this is accurate. I am going to be using the OBD1 p72 ECU. Does this get run directly to the ECU or to a cannon plug?

EG's were not wired for secondary butterflies. You're going to have to run a lead from the sensor to the ecu

Quoted post[/post]]

Another thing, I have the Purge Control Solenoid and Electric Air Control Valve Solenoid. What do I do with these? I dont see these on my wiring diagram for the GSR motor.

wMTI1MjA2ODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

You should find your answers in this diagram.

Pinouts for the p72 ecu (I believe):
A20 for the PCS
A9 for the IACV
D3 for the KS

Awesome!! Thanks a lot for the help! I can finally get this done, cause I was lost on these parts. You got all this from ProStreet? I didnt even know about that site.

Quoted post[/post]]
Awesome!! Thanks a lot for the help! I can finally get this done, cause I was lost on these parts. You got all this from ProStreet? I didnt even know about that site.

No problem!
I didn't get the answers from prostreet. The images are psoted via we-todd who throws up the prostreet ad.
All these diagrams are in the helms manuals. I sifted through the EG and the Gsr manual for the answers. I recommend you get the manuals!!!!

I dont have a Valve Timing Oil Pressure Switch... Is this normal? I also looked on my harness for the B18C, and I didnt see one on there either. I called Hasport, and they said I have to put one in because the OBD2 engines didnt have one. Is there a way around this? The OBD1 P72 ECU requires that sensor to run.

Back