HERE COMES THE PAIN! Lesnar talks MMA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

and Liddell would still kick Bruce Lee's ass in the Octagon

I held very strong beliefs about the power of traditional styles, right about until Matt Hughes TKO'ed Gracie in the first round

Evolution is a bitch

The Gracies were getting their ass kicked in Pride too. I think it was either Renzo or Royler that got "spanked" literally by Sakuraba back in around 2000.

lol. Well for one, the "MMA" guy looks like he doesn't even know how to fight. And the white guy's stance, that's an easy leg shot.

Lol those guys suck.

Find a vid of a trained MMA fighter vs. a Wrestler, in an MMA match. . . . . watch the wreslter get "arm-barred" with a "wtf" look on his face.

Lol those guys suck.

Find a vid of a trained MMA fighter vs. a Wrestler, in an MMA match. . . . . watch the wreslter get "arm-barred" with a "wtf" look on his face.

Show me one person who can throw an arm bar when he's in the air with his legs wrapped in a double leg take down and uh...I'll do pretty much anything that you can think of?

...and where in jersey?

here's some legit MMA

YouTube - kickboxer vs wrestler

Clifs:
Circles to start
Wrestler shoots
kickboxer grabs ropes for dear life and strikes illegally striking
offical seperates them
wrestler shoots
kickboxer agian holds onto ropes for dear life and commits more illegal strikes
Grappler starts hitting back this time, kickboxer is getting owned

ref calls fight, wrestler wins by dq

if it wasn't for the ropes this guy would have been done quick

Show me one person who can throw an arm bar when he's in the air with his legs wrapped in a double leg take down and uh...I'll do pretty much anything that you can think of?

...and where in jersey?

Thats called a flying arm bar . . . they are really not that tough to do.

Hackensack area if you are interested.

Bad habbits are bad habbits and learning curves are learning curves. You're grasping at straws.

no your right bad habbits hurt everyone, my point is that the most dominat UFC champs come from wrestling backgrounds. And those fighter aren't half as good as Lesnar.

Wrestling rules the UFC, no other single dicipline has had a greater impact save Ju-Jit-Su

look at the hall of fame

Royce Gracie (Inducted UFC 45)
Ken Shamrock (Inducted UFC 45)
Dan Severn (Inducted UFC 52)
Randy Couture (Inducted The Ultimate Fighter Season 3 Finale)

one striker

and this

List of UFC champions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

a veritable who's who's list of MMA, the majority were grapplers first

forget "my point" or "your point" THE point is that Grapplers transition faster and more fully then strikers in MMA, the proof is in the pudding

Last edited:
Yeah but its not just wrestling by itself.

thats the point you miss
yeah but the point you miss is that no one ever said wrestling was ALL you needed to know to do good in the UFC. we are simply saying that wrestlers have shown to eventually become more dominant than you give them credit for.

Muay Thai fighters are too traditional.

Freestyle kickboxing with low line leg kicks is the way to go.

Thats called a flying arm bar . . . they are really not that tough to do.

Hackensack area if you are interested.

With only your arms, your legs are wrapped. It significantly decreases the ways that you can throw a joint lock.

Hackensack is about 2hrs from where I am.

i wish i still had time to train. if my wife gets a position that recently opened at her job then ill have time to start training again.
my old schedule -
muay thai - mon
sambo - wed
jiu jitsu - fri
striking/mma - sat

it was all done at the same place, they are all training for mma, thats just the schedule they do.
its pretty rough thats for sure. when we do cardio it kicks my ass. i can grapple all day, but our cardio can get fucking ridiculous.
there was a college level wrsetler, a navy seal, and a personal trainer amongst others in my class and its a bit disheartening when you see people on that level fall out lol.

that schedule seriously kicked my ass, but i loved all of it.

Blanco, I haven't fought with anyone in months.

How many people have you fought with? Hmm, so you're the common denominator in most fights here.

i know it's late to get into this discussion, but lesnar will do fine in MMA.

i said fine. he won't be a standout, he will make money. he will sell tickets.

i may be wrong, but i think if you are superior at one aspect of MMA you can be successful. yes, it helps to be well rounded, but if you are the best striker for example, you can be successful.

i do not think he will be champion, but if he is it wont last long.

I WILL watch him fight though. i think it will be entertaining.

Back