1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here we go again!

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by vtecjdm, Aug 6, 2005.

1. vtecjdm

vtecjdm Senior Member

hey guys i know this sounds strange to ask but is there a way to check the ignitor and coil inside the dizzy just buy using its plugs .. ?

ie: instead of removing the dizzy cap and rotor... ?
    why u may ask ? .. well cause the rotor screw is jamed !
    I`m stuck now .. its eaither i get a new dizzy or i donno actually if it is the dizzy

Was about to do the normal helms ignition test but cant reach the wires with the dizzy cap on ! helppp

Anyone ? :worthy:

2. VTECPOWER

VTECPOWER Senior Member

I had a problem with this yesterday, i just scraped off the plastic part of the rotor, under the dist cap, then used vice grips to get the screw out, then used a dremel to "etch" enough so that i could use a screw driver to get the screw back in.
    EDIT: i did all of this with the distibutor removed from the engine and in the garage.

3. vtecjdm

vtecjdm Senior Member

Heh thought i`d use a more conventional method than half destroying the cover ..

So there is no way to check the dizzy internals JUST from the plug ends with a multimeter it seems .. right ?

Btw, i got oil comin inside the dizzy(from the inside of the housing) .. had relpaced the cam o-ring and am 101% sure the oil is getting in from the inside and i guess thats what ruing the components.

Is ther any seal inside that can be replaced ? .. when i had removed the cap looong ago i couldnt see any other seals .. :blink:

4. vtecjdm

vtecjdm Senior Member

I know sounds basic but how do you check if you got spark without using a spark tester ?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted