1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here we go.. no start.

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Matts96HB, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

Ok, so my car is as follows
    96 hatch
    b18b1 swap
    crower stg 2 turbo cams
    crower valvesprings/retainers
    je 9.0:1 pistons
    eagle rods
    turbonetics t4
    3" exhaust
    walbro 255
    450cc injectors (saturated)

I have spark, fuel, and the timing is set to stock (just as the cam spec sheet says) starter kicks over fine, everything sounds like it should, just no start. Also, it seems to be dumping a lot of fuel, which makes me think maybe something is screwy with the timing, but i dunno which way to go with it.
    Fuel pump kicks on as well.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. dacheat

dacheat ..is grounded.

check rotor? mine was loose (screw fell out) and a symptom was turning over/not starting and flooding...otherwise i'm going to go with my stock answer of main fuel relay :D

:shrug:

1 person likes this.
  3. Matts96HB

I'm going to check that tomorrow.. and then the relay..

Thanks for the ideas :) I have been drawing blanks all day, and this really helps me. If I can start eliminating problems, hopefully I can get down to what it is. Or maybe just fix it first and not have any problems :D

4. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

In for the read--same problem with mine. When it starts, it runs great--it just decides when it wants to do it.

5. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

check ALL the grounds again

6. Matts96HB

Checking grounds as we speak. Using a small wire brush to remove any paint that is left in the threads, and even running a couple more grounds just for shits and giggles.

7. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Sounds like a main relay.

Check over all the stupid simple stuff.

Make sure all the plugs (engine, ecu, dizzy) are plugged in firmly, check for blown fuses in both locations, make sure the plug wires are plugged into the dizzy in the correct order, any splices are soldered and solid, power wire to the engine fuse box is installed, solid and clean.. Injectors, sensors, etc all plugged in.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  8. Matts96HB

Thats what I'm trying to do, just keep thinking theres probably something I'm missing.. Ill look over the stuff you just suggested today.

9. Matts96HB

Still no luck, re-did the dizzy to be sure that it was all in the correct order and what not.. and its in the correct order. dizzy is plugged in firmly, fuse box is good, its getting fuel, and sparking, which leaves one thing really.. the timing..

10. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

where is it sparking from?wires,cap,and plugs??do you have the correct firing order??

11. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Well, the two marks on the cam gears are lined up with eachother, facing eachother toward the middle, and the crank pulley mark is lined up with the mark on the timing belt cover, correct?

If those are all lined up properly, it should run well enough to dial it in properly with a timing gun..

Ummm.. Turbo spinning freely? Vacuum lines hooked up correctly? Factory ecu? Aftermarket management of any sort? Any CELs?

Injectors: Quoted from G2IC Turbo Guide - A Guide to Turbocharging your Honda / Acura Integra Great writeup here, could skim over it to see if you missed something. I'm no turbo pro.
    Just tossing shit out there.

12. Matts96HB

^ Thanks man, thats extremely handy and I'm gonna bookmark that for future reference.

Anyway, I got it started! Turned out that it was just extremely flooded and the map is really rich at idle. Also, the chip was in backwards at first -_- so fixed that, and it starts just fine now, epic! thanks for the help guys +rep to those I could

13. |Chaz|

|Chaz| Well-Known Member VIP

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted