here ya go e

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yes to the c5, no to the legal here. before now the elise was only offered in europe.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Oct 7 2004, 01:39 AM
yes to the c5, no to the legal here. before now the elise was only offered in europe.
[post=399403]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually no. Yes there was one, but the b18c5 was not a factory engine. That was a conversion that some state side company. Also, yes, they are legal here, but first they must be converted. There are a few companies that will do it for you here. For a base one, expect to pay 50k or so.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Oct 7 2004, 08:10 AM-->
revolution8k
@Oct 7 2004, 01:39 AM

Actually no. Yes there was one, but the b18c5 was not a factory engine. That was a conversion that some state side company. Also, yes, they are legal here, but first they must be converted. There are a few companies that will do it for you here. For a base one, expect to pay 50k or so.
[post=399478]Quoted post[/post]​

well, of course it needs to be converted and legalized in teh states.. as it sat, it wasn't legal to drive meaning you couldn't just import it, register it and drive it.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Oct 6 2004, 02:06 PM
well on prototype racing's website they call it a Elise-Exige
[post=399123]Quoted post[/post]​

exige = coupe

elise = convertible

exige = can't afford that shit

elise = can't afford that shit either

i'll stick with the hondas...
now back to 86 crx with teg swap thanks to thieves...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 7 2004, 08:55 AM
wow youre dumb.
[post=399539]Quoted post[/post]​

haha, my thoughts exactly. seems to be a recurring theme.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Oct 7 2004, 08:10 AM-->
revolution8k

My friends dad ordered a lotus and has been waiting on it and everything to be okayed for over 2 years.

Originally posted by B16+Oct 7 2004, 04:24 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Oct 7 2004, 08:55 AM
wow youre dumb.

[post=399622]Quoted post[/post]​

whatever, asses. I didn't know that the c5 wasn't the original motor contracted by Lotus to be put into the Elise, I apologize for spending some time off the internet and out in the sunlight.

All I said was the c5 has/is powering some of them. THerefore I wasn't wrong, therefore I'm not dumb.

So whatever.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Oct 8 2004, 12:28 AM-->
Originally posted by asmallsol@Oct 7 2004, 08:10 AM
revolution8k

My friends dad ordered a lotus and has been waiting on it and everything to be okayed for over 2 years.
[post=399863]Quoted post[/post]​

did he go through Sun International or did he go through just try and import it?

Originally posted by revolution8k+Oct 7 2004, 08:43 PM-->
Originally posted by B16@Oct 7 2004, 04:24 PM
pissedoffsol
@Oct 7 2004, 08:55 AM
wow youre dumb.

[post=399622]Quoted post[/post]​

whatever, asses. I didn't know that the c5 wasn't the original motor contracted by Lotus to be put into the Elise, I apologize for spending some time off the internet and out in the sunlight.

All I said was the c5 has/is powering some of them. THerefore I wasn't wrong, therefore I'm not dumb.

So whatever.
[post=399875]Quoted post[/post]​

omg, lol :lol:

that is not all you said, and you still dont get it, therefore you are still dumb.

:violin:

This just turned into the best thread EVER. Mike and Brian now feel my rage and anger. :lol:

Originally posted by asmallsol+Oct 6 2004, 06:46 PM-->
for the longest time, the elise, exige, and everyother model simliar to the elise didn't pass smog (since the roverk engine was never on the US market, so it would have cost a shit load to make a US version of the engine) The car was not designed to pass our crash standards (more money) The front end had around 14 diffrent body panels, which would be horrible for insurance, and crash standards. The newest Elise that we are getting is getting an engine that has already passed smog (Yota engine) diffrent front end with all the proper crash bumpers and stuff. Also, air bags, and a few other safty things.

Its the same reason why we never got the skyline, and a shit load of other bad ass cars.
[post=399250]Quoted post[/post]​

As I said before, that means as it sat... it wasn't legal to drive in the US...

revolution8k

First it's not legal because of smog and crash testing, and now all it needs is to be converted... since it's already legal. wtf? make up your fucking mind.

You said in a previous post that they weren't legal without conversion and all this other bullshit, and then I say the same fucking thing and suddenly i'm a fucking moron. :hmm:

Originally posted by asmallsol+Oct 7 2004, 11:46 PM-->
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Oct 8 2004, 12:28 AM
revolution8k

[post=399863]Quoted post[/post]​

did he go through Sun International or did he go through just try and import it?
[post=399877]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm really not sure how he plans on getting it imported or where he went through. I just know that he's been waiting forever for it. The kid has a small house, thats furnished nicely but all his money is in his garage. Two floors with a lift.

He has a sick miata, overbored, built, supercharager. He has a s2000. BMW x5. Bmw 525i. A couple duccati bikes that are only like 1 of 500 in the country. A whole bunch of other shit, and now they've been waiting for the lotus.

i wish i had that kind of money...

Stupid question maybe but.....here it goes...

This, obviously wasn't made for the USDM right? right.

In fact, this car is from Europe right?

Europeans drive in the left lane right? right.

Why the hell is this car left hand drive?

I don't get it. All the other Elises' I've ever seen have been right hand drive, until I saw the new USDM Elise that comes out next year I think......is the exige any different?

not all europeans drive on the left hand lane. infact only britan does, as far as europe is concerened.

Back