Here's a new one

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Do you think one could swap a OBD0 B16 into that Lude just as easily as an H22 into mine?

yes but if the b16 fits he can get a 1.8 later....

i think youll need spesial mounts and shit.....

I always thaught that car had a cool body. Some one needs to make it happen

I'm sure it's possible....but I'd imagine it would be a pain in the ass...

That's the lude that had the B20A in it, right?

yeah b20A5. id assume the CRV B20 would be a direct swap, and probably the B18A1 would as well, why would you need new mounts for a b16, are they not the same as a b20 (never done a b-series swap, so forgive me)

The B20A is something of the bastard child of b-series motors....it uses different mounts than other b-series, for the most part nothing will bolt on, the transmission is different mounting-wise, etc.

I'm pretty sure the prelude b20 is the bastard of the b series family, aka i'm pretty sure it won't drop in without custom mounts.

Haha, damn, civicious beat me to it.

You could fabricate your own mounts.

yeah, i could, but i dont wanna put that much work into just swapping the engine. im lazy and im not gonna have another project car if it is gonna take that.

yeah, I asked about this before. No other B Series will fit into the bay. Preludepower.com (i think that's the site name) had a full write up on what will and will not go into th 88-91 prelude chassis.

Back