Here's a Thought

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
had this crazy dream last night, I had an S13 and I was straight out owning people with it, then I popped my hood for this guy and boom, BMW M3 engine

Now I don't have an S13 I have an S14 but still, that would own

Anybody ever heard of anyone trying this?

No I wanna rebuild the KA, SR20's are great but I want the KA low end

I just remembered that a shop stuffed a Supra Engine in an RX7 once, so I figured it wasn't THAT crazy and idea

why someone would put an m3 powerplant in a 240 is beyond me...

That's not a cheap motor to acquire. But a neat sounding swap, definately. If you can find a way to adapt it to Volvos, then you can adapt it to the Toyota W58 trans. For the 240 swap you're talking about basically lowering the body onto the BMW chassis.

Along those lines, E and I saw this really really nice V8 swap into a Porsche 944 - Looked so good you could have thought it was stock.

i cant wait till sabrina decided to toss some money to me to buy some performance add-ons for her 240. shes saving up for the silvia front end hopefully she will have the cash in a week or so :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
That's not a cheap motor to acquire. But a neat sounding swap, definately. If you can find a way to adapt it to Volvos, then you can adapt it to the Toyota W58 trans. For the 240 swap you're talking about basically lowering the body onto the BMW chassis.

Along those lines, E and I saw this really really nice V8 swap into a Porsche 944 - Looked so good you could have thought it was stock.

??

Maybe I'm missing something but if you can drop a 350 in an S14 why would I need a BMW chassis for a 3.2 ltr?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

??

Maybe I'm missing something but if you can drop a 350 in an S14 why would I need a BMW chassis for a 3.2 ltr?

Maybe because the BMW chassis COMPLETELY HANDS THE NISSAN CHASSIS ITS ASS.

And sure, it would be cool if you had hundred dollar bills and monkeys falling out of your ass.

With those that drop extremely different motors in their cars (With few Rotary exceptions) you'll find that they either spot weld a TH350 trans to the chassis, or they have massive amounts of money invested in doing it right.

Could you do an M3 engine in a 240? Sure ! It's just as hard as a 350 Chevy motor, or an STi motor for that matter.

Fast. Cheap. Good. Pick 2.

Oh if you think I'm even considering this your right out

I want to do a KA24DET, or maybe an SR20DET swap I dunno, either way I'm not looking for anything crazy, I wouldn't use it.

I was wondering more if some shop had tried it before. The RX-Supra was wicked sweet!

Back