Heres what alot of time and effort gives you.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by ScrapinSi+Aug 30 2005, 03:41 PM-->
Originally posted by TurboMirage@Aug 28 2005, 03:41 PM
Celerity
@Aug 28 2005, 10:13 AM
He was wrong, wasn't he.

Looks good Chris, You're the only one of us actually getting shit accomplished - Be proud.

-> Steve
[post=546293]Quoted post[/post]​

i guess he was. the paint sticks fine on mine :)

thanks steve. if i just had more time ;)
[post=546393]Quoted post[/post]​

Were his bumpers flat black or painted before? If they were just flat plastic, then sure, your auto paint will go on it... just dont touch it or tap into anything... it'll crack... unless you put flex in the paint, and use a good plastic adhesion promoter, as well as a flexible primer.
[post=547480]Quoted post[/post]​

nah, they were painted before. he just sanded them smooth.

wait... so he painted ALREADY painted bumpers with krylon fusion!?!? Krylon Fusion is meant for BARE PLASTICS... Its popular with ATV's on plastics.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Aug 30 2005, 06:15 PM
wait... so he painted ALREADY painted bumpers with krylon fusion!?!? Krylon Fusion is meant for BARE PLASTICS... Its popular with ATV's on plastics.
[post=547535]Quoted post[/post]​

okay, lets begin.

his front bumper + custom lip were plain plastic. he primered them and then krylon'd them. his side skirts are already black, since they are from a cavi z24. his rear bumper is actually 2 tercel bumpers put together. one right side up, one upside down but trimmed. its really sweet how he did it. that was sanded/krylon'd. im just going to tell him to sand them all down, and lay a nice primer before he paints them with WR blue.

am I missing something. the fitment of hood to fender in the first pic, is not any good...

i think im missing something.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Aug 30 2005, 06:19 PM
am I missing something. the fitment of hood to fender in the first pic, is not any good...

i think im missing something.
[post=547540]Quoted post[/post]​

the hood is bent.

Your hood is bent ?

That bodykit thing is actually pretty creative. That's Earl Engineering at it's finest. Remember Jack's front bumper?

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 30 2005, 09:21 PM
Your hood is bent ?

That bodykit thing is actually pretty creative. That's Earl Engineering at it's finest. Remember Jack's front bumper?

-> Steve
[post=547603]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah in the middle just a bit. thats my err though. also, that fender isnt perfect where the weld is. its kindof at a point where they meet.

hes pretty good. i taught him everything he knows :) his front lip if off an oldsmobile alero.

his front bumper + custom lip were plain plastic. he primered them and then krylon'd them. his side skirts are already black, since they are from a cavi z24. his rear bumper is actually 2 tercel bumpers put together. one right side up, one upside down but trimmed. its really sweet how he did it. that was sanded/krylon'd. im just going to tell him to sand them all down, and lay a nice primer before he paints them with WR blue.

:blink:

thats some ingenuity

Back