here's what i'm thinking of doing...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
option 1.

Sell the sti for whatever i can get for it. eat the loss if i have to.

buy this m3.

DSCN2185.jpg

97, 81k, $16,500.
nice suspension mods, sways, 5 points + stock belts, autopower rollbar. set up for autox/bmwcca, bling set of wheels + stockers w/ all seasons

buy this civic si

[attachmentid=242]

tons of miles (well over 200k) but its bone stock.... and will make a nice daily driver for 1700 bucks asking price. i may pick this up regardless of selling the sti or not.
needs a new cv he says its clicking a little on left corners. and the paint on the rood and roof ins't greate/surface oxidation. who cares. hood is cheap. roof, wet-sand + maaco if its THAT bad. under 2k out the door for a stock eg si :p

assuming i get the 28,500 i owe on the sti, i come out at 18-19k for total purchase.
save 10k

have a pimp car for weekends, autox, and keeping my garage warm...
have a beater/daily i can take to work or haul 4 heads around.... and get some decent gas mileage :p
if the motor is shot, who cares... z6's are a dime a dozen... same deal with suspension... i'll get some take offs....

thoughts?

seems like a good plan

M3 should be considered an option at this time...
make sure you have everything with the house said and done before you commit to another payment...

something that confuses me...if you owe $28.5 and you sell the STi for $28.5, then doesn't that leave you $0?

Hosmer deserves his own Wikipedia page too.

He'll still make the payment. He'll get a check for $28k, then send whatever he wants to the finance company for the STi. Using the rest at his discretion. He'll still have payments.

something that confuses me...if you owe $28.5 and you sell the STi for $28.5, then doesn't that leave you $0?
lol, very good point he's got here...

He'll still make the payment. He'll get a check for $28k, then send whatever he wants to the finance company for the STi. Using the rest at his discretion. He'll still have payments.
isn't it a touch illegal to undercut the finance company and sell the object they have as colateral?
plus good luck selling the STI with an outstanding lien...
the whole STI will prob need to be paid off, then the new cars financed under seperate agreements...

yeah someone would just take over payments or payit off and B would have to get refinanced for the new shit.

I see

its a nice car for $16k, you couldn't build it for that

:buyanm: do it, much cooler than the sti, more fun, and you could drive it until your 70 and not get looked at funny like you would in an sti

then buy the si, hmt kit on the z6 :p

the civic will be remaining stock if i get it. if it needs a swap, its going to get another z6. at MOST, an ls... but i really don't even want to do that...

Was the M owned by someone with parkinsons or somethin?

Back