Hermonic balancer

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRonDUBS

Ok Me and my friend are doing a mini me and we need to get the bottom crankshaft pulley off but the 17mm bolt wont budge i cant find which way the bolt loosens in my manual so i have been going counter clock wise(the oppisite way the engine would rotate when running) i have tried a breaker bar while having somone hold a flat screwdriver in the flywheel so the engine won't rotate and the screwdriver idea cracked the bellhousing so i stopped doing that. I have tried heating it up and using an electric air gun ( didn't work) i tried using a pancake compressor and a fairly good air gun on high at 120 psi and the engine pulley doesn't spin but the bolt still doesn't move.. I don't get it . I need to axcess the timing belt to change it for the mini me. But i can't get the hermonic balancer off what should i do?

You need a looong breaker bar and the tool(moroso or Honda) or a 3/4 impact. Sometimes if you crank the air pressure up to 130-150 PSI just briefly it is enough to blast it off, but be warned if you have a cheap impact, it may destroy it. Next best thing is get a shop to get it loose and retighten it some but not all the way. Drive home right away and take it off. Its not a harmonic balancer either just FYI, just a regular old pulley ;)

Back