1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hermonic balancer

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 4DRonDUBS, May 16, 2004.

1. 4DRonDUBS

4DRonDUBS Senior Member

Ok Me and my friend are doing a mini me and we need to get the bottom crankshaft pulley off but the 17mm bolt wont budge i cant find which way the bolt loosens in my manual so i have been going counter clock wise(the oppisite way the engine would rotate when running) i have tried a breaker bar while having somone hold a flat screwdriver in the flywheel so the engine won't rotate and the screwdriver idea cracked the bellhousing so i stopped doing that. I have tried heating it up and using an electric air gun ( didn't work) i tried using a pancake compressor and a fairly good air gun on high at 120 psi and the engine pulley doesn't spin but the bolt still doesn't move.. I don't get it . I need to axcess the timing belt to change it for the mini me. But i can't get the hermonic balancer off what should i do?

2. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

You need to go to Honda and buy the special tool that holds the crank pully so that you can loosten the bolt.

3. nfn15037

nfn15037 Senior Member

You need a looong breaker bar and the tool(moroso or Honda) or a 3/4 impact. Sometimes if you crank the air pressure up to 130-150 PSI just briefly it is enough to blast it off, but be warned if you have a cheap impact, it may destroy it. Next best thing is get a shop to get it loose and retighten it some but not all the way. Drive home right away and take it off. Its not a harmonic balancer either just FYI, just a regular old pulley ;)

4. 4DRonDUBS

4DRonDUBS Senior Member

thanks i'll try that

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted