1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hesistating off idle...cant figure it out!!!

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 90htchbck, Jan 18, 2010.

1. 90htchbck

90htchbck New Member

my 92 civic si, single cam v-tec was running perfect then all of a sudden started hesitating/stuttering off idle...runs rough until about 3k then it smooths out. Does anyone have any idea what it might be?? just put new plugs about 2 weeks ago...i actually tried pulling out one of the plugs to see it if was fouling or anything and...ITS STUCK i can't pull it out...anyone have any idea how to get the plug out without damaging the head? :confused:

2. joecivic

joecivic save the single cams

for getting the plug out i know you can get sockets that are made to remove stripped bolts they do make deep ones that will work with spark plugs,the only reason the plug would be STUCK if it was overtight or crossthreaded during install

3. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

Were you drunk when you put the spark plugs in? lol j/k Cross threaded? Ouch Ouch Ouch.
    Was the car running fine after the spark plug change and then stuff started happening? Check Cap/Rotor, IACV, Old Plug Wires? Stuff like that might help.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted