hesistation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PLA5151

So...with the setup listed below....every so often when I am accelerating my car just won't go. It usually occurs in the low RPM range (up to about 3000) and at first it was only occuring in 1st 2nd and sometimes 3rd, now it occurs in the low RPM's in all gears. It seems like when im over 3000 or at WOT in any RPM it doesn't occur. Only with partially open throttle and then when I push to the floor the car jerks and it finally starts moving? Any ideas to where I can look? Thanks in advance

man i have the exact same problem...its like i have 3 or 4 vtecs instead of 1 lol. I think its a tps or o2 sensor problem. My dizzy is brand new along with plugs and wires so those didnt fix it.

He is right, it sounds like a o2 problem, and if you push the gas down all the way and the car jerks it might be a tps sensor too.
Most likely one or both of those though.
My non VTEC prelude had 3 VTECs when the o2s and tps were bad.:p

Quoted post[/post]]
He is right, it sounds like a o2 problem, and if you push the gas down all the way and the car jerks it might be a tps sensor too.
for the o2...are u talking about the one that plugs into the header, right before the cat? I have an EF hatch converted to obd1

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
for the o2...are u talking about the one that plugs into the header, right before the cat? I have an EF hatch converted to obd1
I suppose so, since i just had 2 right on the exhaust manifold itself.
I replaced mine both, and that fixed the 3 VTECs problem, and the 19mpg.
It still jerked when i would full throttle, but that was my TPS.
I replaced that, and everything was fine.
:cool:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I suppose so, since i just had 2 right on the exhaust manifold itself.
I replaced mine both, and that fixed the 3 VTECs problem, and the 19mpg.
It still jerked when i would full throttle, but that was my TPS.
I replaced that, and everything was fine.
:cool:

whered u get all the parts...the dealer?

I'm having the same problems on my d16y8(no engine mods). car hesitates till it passes 2.5-3k rpm. Then is surges till vtech kicks in then it hesitates more. Vtech is sh*t now. This mostly happens when in open throttle. If I press lightly, its not noticeable. I guessing some sensor is out of whack cause I get a code on the freeway when I romp on the gas pedal and the car hesitates. Light blinks off and on untill I let go of the gas pedal. Please help out some newbs here. Thanks

No i didn't get them at the dealer, i got them two o2 sensors from autozone and the TPS from another prelude my buddy owned. (motor swappered).
Change your o2 first, if not, then change TPS sensor .. and there's no H in VTEC dude.

gallery_28915_470_21472.jpg

Sorry, had too.
:p

So...with the setup listed below....every so often when I am accelerating my car just won't go. It usually occurs in the low RPM range (up to about 3000) and at first it was only occuring in 1st 2nd and sometimes 3rd, now it occurs in the low RPM's in all gears. It seems like when im over 3000 or at WOT in any RPM it doesn't occur. Only with partially open throttle and then when I push to the floor the car jerks and it finally starts moving? Any ideas to where I can look? Thanks in advance

hi, i thought im the only one that have that wierd problem, im new to hondas. and own a 93 prelude vtec m/t. car hesitate from pickup to 2-3k rpm. feels like misfiring. replaced the distributor, sparkplugs, coil, sparkplugs wire but it didnt help abit. wanna replace the tps, but im happen to bump in to a h23 automatic throttle body for sale (cheap). do you guys know any difference between the a/t and m/t throttle bodys. are they interchangable? ty

Back