hesitation at low rpm.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So, I know this topic has been touched on often in other posts and I've read them over, but haven't quite solved my problem. My JDM H22 has a low rpm hesitation or bog if you will, but only if you're on the throttle lightly, and only when the engine is warm. When the engine is cold, there is no hint of it whatsoever. Also, from 50% throttle or more from a stop there is also no hint of it. It's only there when the engine is warm and you accelerate from a stop with light throttle, that it bogs from about 2 - 4 k. So far I have,
checked and rechecked timing (with ecu jumper in)
changed plugs twice (now running NGK Iridiums)
new plug wires
new cap, rotor
new fuel filter
checked fuel pressure (within specs given by haynes manual)
I am runnin the stock civic half rad ( engine is in a 92 hatch) but engine has never run hot according to stock temp guage, which could not mean a whole lot, but it is -10 here right now on a consistant basis, so I doubt running hot could be an issue at this point.
Anyone got any ideas on this, or anything I've overlooked. My solution so far has been to not drive it with light throttle, but I'd like to get this resolved now, incase this causes more problems in the future.

I've only got one o2 sensor, but it's brand new. I'm 99% positive that OBD 1 H22's only had one o2 sensor location, and it was mounted right in front of the cat, which is where mine is located now.
I forgot to add new o2 sensor to that list.

Also of note, I am running a resistor box from a 93 prelude S, so an f series sohc non vtec. I can't find any research on this to know whether it's the same as an h series resistor box or not. However, it runs well enough I can't imagine it's a problem, but if anyone knows anything about this or where I can do some research I'd appreciate it.

Back