hesitation/stuttering problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FLounder

power hungry
VIP
the last few times i drove it, my car has been acting up. it only happens for the first mile or so after starting up, then its completely normal. whenever open the throttle a little bit it breaks up, making a stuttering type sound, and does not accelerate. if i ease into the throttle VERY gently it wont do it and will accelerate smoothly like normal. it does do it in neutral as well, but its not as noticeable of course.

ngk plugs and wires probly have less than 1000 miles on them. cap and rotor look good. no cel.

what do you guys think? im thinking either distributor or fuel related :confused:

dont use 711 try shell or chevron
it gas fuel realated cuz i had the same promblem

check your fuel filter, could be clogged. I have somewhat of a similar problem...I've replaced a lot of things and I still have the problem. After I replaced the fuel filter it went away for about a week, then came back lol. But yours might justbe the fuel filter...plus, that's a cheap part to replace. prolly 30$

thanks, i have a brand new oem fuel filter, dist. cap, and rotor that are going in today. hopefully that will do it.

I say dizzy problem, when its not running right does it sound/feel like 1-2 cylinders aren't working?

well its not the fuel filter... it needed to be replaced anyways.

problem got worse, seems like it might not be running on a all 4. i dodged the rain and tested the coil and its good. was going to do a cylinder drop test but it hasnt stopped raining in days....

Adjust the distributor, I had REALLY bad stuttering for a long time and scraped the car then remembered when I replaced the distributor I did not adjust it and I feel that is exactly what happened to my Civic.

i figured it out guys... it was just the cap all along. it really didnt look bad at all, but apparently it was bad enough. im glad, i really didnt feel like buying a distributor.

only reason i didnt change it right away was because i ordered the wrong one. oh well, its running hard now :D

damn that rain... i had to shop around in that shit. got really bad here in jax too.. people were driving like 20mph on i95

Back