hey airjockie

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zaneithan

do you know if the RWD toyota corolla came in an automatic 4 door sedan version in 1985?

the RWD drive is NOT available as a 4 door, but it is available as Auto. The RWD AE86 can be found in Coupe and Liftback.

The Coupes are a different story, in 1987 through 1989. Because there was the GT-S Coupe which was AE92, and the AE86 GTS and SR-5 Coupes. the GT-S coupes that were AE92 had flip-up headlights, were coupe only and FWD.

the 4 door Sedan is a FWD model, 3SF powered (1.6 liter SOHC) and the wagon was a Camry / Celica based 4 or 2WD platform. But again, only in 4 door wagon.

The FX16 was a 2 door hatch only.

All were called Corollas. Clear now? Well hold on to your hats... :)

If you wanted,

2 Doors, hatchback, you could have a choice of 2 Corollas. Unless you count the Wagon as a hatchback, then you had 3. Each was available in FWD, RWD and 4WD respectively.

If you want a Coupe, then you have 2 choices. One FWD and the other RWD.

If you want a 4 door sedan (Or.. lacked the pulse to make a decision on your own) you could put a bullet in your brain, but only after ordering the 4 door FWD sedan. Blech.

If you wanted the Wagon, then you're in luck. the AE101 based wagon had 4WD as the AE88 based wagon did, but were different in their GT-S and SR-5 configs. The GT-S was a more sleek design, with funky D-Pillar taillights. Oooo

-> Steve

Welcome to Hondaswap.com, where everyone here doesn't even like Honda's!!! :lol:

so celerity or AJ, what are the chances of this being RWD

VIN: JT2AE85S7G0209236
Year/Make/Model: 1986 TOYOTA COROLLA SPORT DELUXE
Body Style: Coupe
Engine Type: 1.6L L4 2BBL
Manufactured In: JAPAN

Sounds like an SR5.....and it would be RWD...but a whimpy engine....

Are you sure that is the correct Vin #???

AE85's were not imported to the states......

if it is an actual AE85...then it better be RHD....

I'm looking for the vin # info now, give me a few minutes

It looks like an AE88...The GTS coupe...

Originally posted by zaneithan@Dec 6 2003, 02:51 PM
or where people dress up at AEM cold air intakes for halloween...

And also where everyone else gets jealous when they realize they are too dumb to think up something that original...

I got and '86 4 door Corolla, and yeah they are decent cars for mileage, but slow. So slow that i have to let the clutch slip when i go from a stoplight, just because if i drop the clutch too quick it will bog down really bad. If you are looking at one to buy, don't buy it.

yea i know, thats always another option, gonna follow through on this corolla i found and see whats up with it, then go from there

Back