Hey Calista! Or anyone else in the know...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LordVader

On my son's 92 Civic CX where would I find the connector for hooking up a scan tool? He's got CEL and it's running like CRAP....

Thanks for the help...

OK....I found some good stuff in the Reference Materials section but that raised another question:

Where's the ECU?

You don't use a scan tool for OBD I Civics :)

Just jump the harness and read it from the CEL.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 14 2005, 01:03 PM
You don't use a scan tool for OBD I Civics :)

Just jump the harness and read it from the CEL.
[post=487060]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I figured that one out already....Look at my sig and you'll see what I drive. It'll expain alot of why I didn't know any better.... :D

Anyways, thanks for the help...

Originally posted by LordVader@Apr 13 2005, 09:44 AM
it's running like CRAP....

I believe that I have pinpointed this particular problem:
d15b87pp.jpg

:blink:

green plug hanging by the ecu area, put a paper clip or a wire to jump it. on your gauge cluster you will see the check engine light blinking, count them and check what code it is.

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE+Apr 15 2005, 01:13 AM-->
Originally posted by civicious@Apr 14 2005, 05:49 PM
LordVader
@Apr 13 2005, 09:44 AM
it's running like CRAP....

I believe that I have pinpointed this particular problem:
d15b87pp.jpg

:blink:
[post=487174]Quoted post[/post]​

lol thats it for sure get a new motor
[post=487327]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL...that's what's in it allright....

Anyways, it threw a code 9 at me which is the CYP sensor which is located INSIDE the freakin' distributor.....my question now is do i replace the sensor or the whole distributor? Seems like to me it would be easier to just replace the whole thing.

Another question: Why is the D15B8 such a bad engine?

Again, I'm a Chevrolet freak (and an old man, LOL) and really don't know too much about these Honda's.....

Thanks for the help guys.... :worthy:

For a daily driver its fine. Actually it probably gets pretty good gas mileage depends on how your son drives it. Of course there are "better" motors, which product more HP / TQ / and rev higher, but you don't really need that.

Have you EVER driven a CX? D15B8 has 70hp. 70. That's it. It's slower than an unconscious retarded kid. After driving my 89 Nissan Pathfinder with just unde 300k on it, when I drove the hatch down the road I thought 'wow, this is really slow'. Compared to a damn PATHFINDER!!

It would probably be easier to just replace the whole distributor, and you should able to pick up one in a junkyard for under $10, at least here you can.

Back