Hey Chevy fans,

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This^

Rigging would involve cutting the rear sheet metal out into a wedge to push the front tire into, thus eliminating some of the length of the bike, while holding the front end steady.

Ever heard of ratchet straps? Bed extenders (those cages for when the tailgate is down)?

Not gonna have a bed. I know I'm gonna get torn a new asshole, go ahead. I've got a picture in my head, won't be happy until its true. Figured 2 birds with 1 stone, rat mini truck and bike.

You dont need to ditch the bed to lay it out. Whats your plan?

Well I'm going to lay it out, put the air tank and gas tank (using a dune buggy tank) under the frame like it is on the frame BDN posted, Then have a bike trailer ramp braced to the frame in the middle. Have the actual ramp part of the trailer fold out so when the truck is laid out, the ramp just flips over and sits on the ground, no bullshit extra anything involved, just ride the bike up, tie down and fucking go. Probably have a couple of panels of expanded steel on the sides for footing, and have a couple hooks welded to the frame to attach ratchet straps to, for when the truck is moving. As far as the bike fitting, that's what I was thinking about "rigging" it up, to where there is a wedge like any bike trailer that holds the front wheel straight. Just use steel tubing as a frame, and cut into the back of the truck. I'd probably use an extended cab and run the wedge all the way to right behind the front seats. Not too sure on any solid plans yet. I know I'm going to need a bumper, and lighting, thought it would be cool to have the bike's lighting be the trucks lighting when it was used, I.E. I hit the brakes, and the bike's brake light turns on. Use just a simple plug for that, but like I said, nothings really certain. I know I'd do a rat look on the truck. That's one disadvantage of an ext cab, is I can only have 1 and a half suicide doors. Flat black, sanded bondo that's been painted over especially on the shaved doors, maybe a patch on the hood, shitty faded paint, clean ass baby moons on red rims w/ whitewalls. Toolboxes welded to the back of the cab on either side of the wedge where I'd keep the tie downs for the bike, and tools and shit, in my head they more or less look like a big mailbox with padlocks on them. Interior, I'd probably use seats out of a newer Colorado, I sat in one the other day, and the seats kicked ass. Probably just a clean S-10 dash, MOUNTED switches, I hate boxes. They fall and then shit catches on fire. Probably use the remainder of the back seats as storage, sorta like the back seats in a crx, just build boxes over the whole thing so it's hidden. Maybe put a sub in one side, not too into sound, as long as it's music. Have a custom center console just something shitty made out of wood and carpet, holds my ipod where I can easily reach it, probably mount the switches there too. I'd have the interior really clean, and I'd probably just buy a cold air intake, and rice out the motor a little bit, make it look presentable. Whew. Sorry for the long read

your rigging idea would be sick if you keep it clean
Thanks, I come up with some pretty good ones given enough time. Just the process of getting them from my head to my hands is the hard part.
you making a flatbed?
Something of the sort, but really it won't have a bed at all. I wish I could draw.

What's this about only one and a half suicide doors? I don't get it. Extended cabs are no different on S10s. (No third door.)

Shit son! I thought they did! I really like this one, this year model doesn't look bad without a bed.

1_19_07_010.sized.jpg

I would make sure to put some kind of fender on the back, so you don't have shit getting kicked up into the bike. I think I can sort of see what you're going for though.

Yeah, I was trying to figure something out, almost like a bike fender, I'd just have to have a point on the axle where it mounts to, or be able to bring it down on top of the tire.

Yeah, I was trying to figure something out, almost like a bike fender, I'd just have to have a point on the axle where it mounts to, or be able to bring it down on top of the tire.
Axle mounted fender would be neat. You could have like 1/8 inch gap to the tire. Granted, you'd have to get the exact same size tires every time, unless you wanted to make new fenders.

That's what I was thinking. Something really tight over the tires, pretty much lay on the ground when the truck goes down, make them to where they're like 1/8 from the tire, and 1/4 from the ground.

Well shit, I guess it'd stay put, so I better compensate for Ohio roads.

Last edited:
That looks gay. not gonna lie. Front half chopper-esque bare brushed aluminum fenders would be sick.

kinda like this, only not designed while intoxicated.
untitled.JPG

Back