hey everybody

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Red89Si

hey everybody. whats up ? newb here. im normally on www.mustangforums.com, but, im acquiring a "new" car. heres the story. had a '93 lx. 16" white wheels, single deck spoiler and custom exhaust. it got totalled. bought a '91 stealth. sold that for the '92 GT i have now.

NOW, on to the new purchase. im buying an '89 CRX Si off my friend back home(im attending school down here in VA Beach) for $550. but, the bad thing is, it has no engine/tranny in it. now, ive been looking on hmotorsonline.com and cant decide. im looking at both the sir-I b16a(160hp) and the jdm d15b sohc vtec with 130hp. im thinkin the d15 would be the easiest to swap since its the same block that comes in the crx's.....i think.....and its easily the cheapest. now, how hard would the b16 swap be if i got the COMPLETE swap. btw, im going to mechanic school, so, tools and lifts and whatnot is NOT a problem. just trying to get your all's input on this. thanks in advance.

You are going to be really sad later if you put in the d series motor when you had a chance to go with a b-series. I would swap in a b16a or b18a. Both motor will give you a good power base, and give you an excellent platform to build on.

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@Apr 26 2005, 09:01 AM
Go with the b series... :)
[post=491502]Quoted post[/post]​

how hard will it be if i get the whole swap from hmotors ? cuz i have 2 reasons for buying this car.....1) to save on gas mileage. cuz, mileage in a v8 SUCKS. and 2) i just REALLY miss my honda. lol i was gonna buy the d15b and just do some simple things: rims, lowering springs, cai, full exhaust, and skunk2 manifold, and call it quits. maybe put some n2o into it, but, thatd be it........i mean, i know the b16 is way more powerful to start off with.........ive driven crx's with b16's and theyre just SICK !!! i might just go ahead and order the b16 then........i probably will.....(im a speed junkie :D )

Originally posted by formby@Apr 26 2005, 11:13 AM
read this

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29749

i want to tell you about some thing that concerns me.....RICE....its not apreciated, so please do all of us a favor and no big 20-100 pound spoilers on the car....it ruins all of our names....

and the b16 is the best starting platform....great tranny and vtec head...
[post=491550]Quoted post[/post]​

already read that. and im not rice. trust me. i hate rice just as much as everybody else. i might do some body mods, but, no "big 20-200lb spoilers".....might do a mold on spoiler, but, doubt it. ima do a hood, rims, lower it. MAYBE a front kit, but, doubt it. im not big on "flash". i like subtlety, simple, yet classy mods. youll see :)

Back