Hey Guys A Lil Help Please?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

5thgencoupe

hey everyone, i got a 95 dx coupe. the car is insanly underpowered, but thats nothin you dont know....my question is i want to turbo the d15. yes, before you laugh im serious. i dont race the car or anything i just need a little more power to get around town. could someone please point me in the right direction here....i assume it would only be able to handle 4 to 5 pounds??? also could i just buy the "d" manifold and throw a little dsm turbo on or something, im new to forced induction so if someone would give me a list of components i would truly appreciate it. thanks in advance everyone!<~~steve
p.s- before anyone tells me to swap i have researched it and dont really want to even mess around with any of that, like i said this is a daily driver that just needs another 30-40 hp or so.....thanks!

if u build ur own turbo setup ur lookin around $1000-1500, if u buy a kit like greddy or watever ur lookin around $2500-3000, or if u do a 2gen B16A swap from nippon motors its $2250 for everything but the shift linkage and axles so the whole swap would cost u about $2500, turbo setups like greaddy get u about 60hp to be completly safe with tuning and more money u can get more, with the b16a ur lookin at 170hp. anyway hope this helps u make a decision o and the b16a swap in ur car is soooooooooooo easy.

the b16 swap you say? im not even gonna bullshit you guys i have no clue what needs to be done when doing that. tell me if this is right.... the engine of course, new wiring harness? motor mounts? tranny, new computer? also how long will it take me and my uncle to do this, hes knowledgable in cars but mostly v8s.... i rely on kmy car to get me around during the week, can this be performed on a weekend? thanks guys <~~steve

also everyone THANKYOU for replies on this even tho im sure its been broken down 10,000 times now.....im going from selling a 2000 s-10 with a carbuerated 350 swap to buying a honda and have no idea....what different worlds lol...thanks again! :D

the greddy kit for the d15 cost $1950 and includes a piggyback ecu and includes everything you need. the greedy kit should put you around 155hp.

OK do u see the sig on the bottom of the screen everything u see there i did myself my 94 ex coupe i did the swap myself i know exactly what is needed and what it would cost, ur stock wiring harness will work and plug in all you have to do is run 3 wires for the vtec setup and one wire for the knock sensor i can tell u the pins to plug them into and exactly how to run them through the firewall u need a 94 up integra rear motor bracket, a 94 up gsr tranny torque mount and a 92-95 SI drivers side motor mount, the shift linkage will be from a 94 up integra, the axels from a 94 up GSR, ur radiator hoses are from a 99 civic SI, if u want a/c u can simply changes the end on the AC lines to fit the JDM ac compressor or get a 94 del sol ac braket and use ur stock compressor, all of this is honda OEM and is direct bolt on nothing hard about this at all since in Japan the 92-95 civic came with b16a's in them so this car is basically setup for it, as far as time goes i did this swap in a day in fact i took this motor setup out of my 95 coupe and swaped it into my 94 coupe in 2 days and put the stock motor from my 94 into the 95 and sold it, drove em into my garage on saturday and drove em out on sunday, the swap i told u about from nippon-motors comes with the ecu motor tranny and all accesories as well even a partial wiring harness which will not work since its for right hand drive civics, so now u know what it takes to do it, all i was tryin to do was give u another alternative to turbo, i kno u said u didnt want to do it cause of the fact u didnt know how to, andl now u do.

Have you ever heard of punctuation, paragraphs, and periods?

:fr:
Not to be an asshole but it is hard to read when you have one huge run on sentence. Its not that hard to use a period here and there.

WELL LIKE I SAID I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS A GRADED ASSINGMENT. JUST ABOUT EVERYONE ON THE SITE WRITES HOW THEY WANT TO SO I ASSUMED IT APPLIED TO ME AS WELL. I GUESS NOT. ANYWAY I HOPE THIS HELPS OUT THE GUY WHO IT ORIGINALLY WENT TO. PEACE!

Most people are considerate to atleast make what they read somewhat readable, you fucking asshole. It makes you look like an unitelligent fuck, and most people probably wont read it.

To the creater of this thread, please start a new thread if your question wasn't answered.

Most people are considerate to atleast make what they read somewhat readable, you fucking asshole. It makes you look like an unitelligent fuck, and most people probably wont read it.

To the creater of this thread, please start a new thread if your question wasn't answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back