hey guys i just want some tips

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know knock off turbos are junk but the one i posted would blow the bone stock f22 b4 it had a chance to go bad its a gt45 88mm knock off 1.05A/R

what are good name brand turbos and their price ranges?
im not going turbo anytime soon, most likely.. just for future reference.

i know knock off turbos are junk but the one i posted would blow the bone stock f22 b4 it had a chance to go bad its a gt45 88mm knock off 1.05A/R
Umm, I doubt it'd even produce any usable power lol
what are good name brand turbos and their price ranges?
im not going turbo anytime soon, most likely.. just for future reference.
Precision, Garrett, Turbonetics, Holset, etc. The price ranges vary from ~200-2,500 depending on size and design.

To OP, come on man, you barely know how to mess with the little things on your car. half the time you dont even read your manual to even figure out your check engine light. why are you going to go out and mess your self up and try to do something your not even prepared to do.

Most ebay stuff isnt really worth it, most of the time their people that buy extremely crappy stuff and try to pass it off as Good. They give up quality for price, they try to tell you its well worth the money. Which it is... Cheap = shit. I mean unless you buy a quality USED turbo from someone that didnt get it knocked off, then rebuild it. probably your best way of going cheap and getting quality. but even then. your not sure if it'll last long.

I got a screamin deal on a rebuilt Air Research T04. Air Research was bought out by Garrett a while ago, so if you find a deal on an Air Research dont shy away from it because its a brand you may not have heard of.

I got a screamin deal on a rebuilt Air Research T04. Air Research was bought out by Garrett a while ago, so if you find a deal on an Air Research dont shy away from it because its a brand you may not have heard of.
Oh yeah, good catch. I assumed Green was aware of that. :D

ive never heard of any of those brands.. lol
i just got into cars, i barely found out about jdm a few months ago.
haha

I think you should ban 91accord, mainly for his own good. Id get the point a long time ago. All his threads ive seen have been nothing but bad things for him. I have nothing personal against him but dude, wait til your a bit older.

I think you should ban 91accord, mainly for his own good. Id get the point a long time ago. All his threads ive seen have been nothing but bad things for him. I have nothing personal against him but dude, wait til your a bit older.

This kid has stayed a part of this site through all the hell that we have all given him. I think that anyone who can take as much crap as this guy deserves to be here, even though he does ask some retarded questions.

Sooner or later he's going to get past the retarded questions and start actually learning. Or... he's going to stay retarded and keep asking the retarded questions.

it makes my day when he makes a post... im waiting for something like.... I was at the gas station today and was cleaning my windshield( to add to the aerodynamic features of my ebay body kit) and had a brilliant idea why not do half gas and half windshield cleaner fluid( I'am after all only 16 and mom still pays for my gas) so I get about a block down the street and was revving up my engine at a stang beside me when my car suddenly cut off. Any ideas on what to do to fix this... I was thinking it was my tire pressure

If any thing itll be a 15 page thread on how to drop the gas tank to flush his washer fluid/gas mixture out of the tank. Itll most likely contain questions like, "How do I loosen the band on the tube that goes into the tank?" or maybe "The bolts that hold the tank up are rusted, how do I loosen them?" could even go as far as "Should I use plain water or soapy water to clean the tank?" Of course the last one is assuming he could even get the tank outa the car.

it makes my day when he makes a post... im waiting for something like.... I was at the gas station today and was cleaning my windshield( to add to the aerodynamic features of my ebay body kit) and had a brilliant idea why not do half gas and half windshield cleaner fluid( I'am after all only 16 and mom still pays for my gas) so I get about a block down the street and was revving up my engine at a stang beside me when my car suddenly cut off. Any ideas on what to do to fix this... I was thinking it was my tire pressure

hah that's wonderful.
mirage_turbo.jpg

That should help a little and the part on the turbo facing staight down is where the charge piping for the intercooler would go....

make sense?

Isn't that that spanish tuner with the eclipse with the "sin grooves" in the head? Legendary thread

I would never buy an E-Bay kit, ever. And FYI, boost is not cheap. If you want to do it right, then be prepared to spend some money...

haha yeah.... lets see.. my list went something like this
Upgraded Fuel system: $400
Upgraded Ignition: $120
Forged Internals: $700
Turbo kit: $800
Misc: i lost track
Repairs: again... i lost track

haha no lie turbo maintenance is expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back