Hey guys, im new..... from AUS.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmm16v

hey guys, iv just joined this forum, just wanna say hey, my name is alex, and i live in sydney aus.

im 18 and iv owned 7 cars, all ranginf from 4age corollas, to ca18 exas, to geminis and an mx6. so guys here i am i have bought my 1st crx.

its a gen 1 with the d16a, i eventually want to go vtec with a b16a.
its immaculate, had a respray in maroon pearl, has koni adjustable coilovers, no engine mods, no exhaust mods, stock as interior, has 5 or 3% tints, has full alarm and immobiliser, iv got a set of 17s for it but i dont really like them so i will sell them and get maybe 18s.

i can say that i sort of know my cars, like iv done rebuilds before, all the basic exhaust, cams, cai, etc etc.
im pretty good with my audio, have entered comps before with my previous setups, and i love my cars.
unfortuntetely i dont know much about the crx so id like some help from u guys.

i will post pics of it within the next week. i pick it up in 2 days time. so i cant wait.

i was just wandering, wat are the common problems with these cars?

this one has had the cvs replaced, the gearbox bearings done because apparently that a common problem, um the aircon works which is rare from wat i know.and the sunroof has no leaks and work perfectly.

all it needs is a wheel alignment. lol.

so thanks guys and girls. Alex.

welcome! my most chronic issue with the rex has been main relays and ignition modules, otherwise with proper care and feeding you have the best car ever designed. :D

i'm in for pics.

Welcome! :D

One thing though...you've currently got 17"s on your Rex and you want to go bigger? I'd probably go smaller, unless you plan on making massive horsepower...

thanks guys, i will get pics sumtime this week. i want it to be more of a showcar, not anything powerful, cos then i will have to be spending big money on a b16a and then turboing that. id rather do a nice system instell, maybe a kit, and just basic engine mods, and a nice trimmed interior.

Back