hey guys. im new. problems with obd2 gsr into 98 civic ex / HELP!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

floridachill71

Lean and Mean
hey everybody. first off, id like to say hey as im new here.
alright, to the dirty dirty. i have a 98 civic ex, coupe, that ive been putting an ob2 j-spec gsr with lsd tranny into. before dropping it in the car, i put a pro series skunk2 intake manifold on, an act 8.5lb flywheel and 6 puck clutch in or on it, and a complete turbonetics t3/t4 ball bearing stage two kit, w/spearco fmic and everything. the works. i have it dropped in, axels in place, and just about ready to go. only problem is, i cant do the GD wiring!! everybody makes it sound so easy. i didnt think i was a complete dumbass or anything, but i just cant get it! i have wires hangin that have no where to go, plugs that wont fit.......its a f-ing mess. pls pls pls help. this car will be so bad ass when its done, but im tired of looking at it sitting out in my shop. HELP!

p.s. what do u guys think i will put down with this?

it would be helpful if you could let us know what is/isnt plugged in. did you use the j-spec wiring harness? if so then it is for RHD and prolly wont work. use your ex wiring harness. should have what you need. have you tried cranking it and seeing if you get a CEL? then you could let us know what is not hooked up.

man. i couldnt tell u my ass from a hole in the ground with this wiring harness. plus theres extra plugs hanging from the intake manifold from that EVAP container thing that isnt used anymore. plus theres a few other misc ones that i cant even find on the wiring diagram that are just hanging everywhere. i think all the important shit is hooked up, but i dont want to crank it and just completely screw it up. arent there any resources for this kind of thing? i need help guys. :(

Back